• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Young blood So Fla

scottishsg

Hey all!!
New member here in SE Fla. Palm Beach County. I am an avid motorcycle fan, all kinds. I currently own a 2014 S1000RR and am working on my project 1990 K75S. Both incredibly different machines but equally fun.
I am mechanically inclined due to working for a luxury European car dealership as the shop foreman. The K75S however is my first foray into the world of motorcycle repair.
Looking forward to getting to know you and hopefully can ask for many of your expertise in the older bike realm!
So thanks in advance for giving me the opportunity to share my experiences with you on this journey!

Welcome to the forum!
Very nice on the 1000, it will be good to hear stories about doin' the TON. ;)
Gary

Thanks for the welcome! I will be posting updates as soon as things start getting interesting....which should be any day now!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum.

Envious of the RR, although I have no business owning one b/c I'd probably kill myself.

Thanks for being a member:clap

Post a picture of both bikes on here if you get a chance

Is that the guest house in the background? Is it open in January? ;)
I enjoy to see the chain drive, a lot of the big HP bikes roll that way :p
OM

Haha I wish it was. I live close by. I was lucky to get that pic taken before the police moved me along.
Chain or shaft drive....both have positives and negatives. Once you start getting into the power of the RR (193hp), I think a shaft drive would have to be so large it would be not practical. I love it, but excited now about getting the K running after it's been sitting ten years!!

Back