• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

"But I did not cause it"

It's not attempted murder because she didn't purposely try to kill him. Hell, she could say she didn't even intend to harm him, which is probably true. Under the law it's barely assault, probably just reckless endangerment or reckless driving.

Mission accomplished , she slowed him down

She will be found guilty of a much lesser charge by a jury of her car driving peers and pay a fine

I drove a Dodge Power Wagon pick-up through central Milan. It was like trying to maneuver an aircraft carrier through a small boat regatta. The numerous traffic circles were chaos.

I've lived in Europe for several years. All countries have their share of idiotic, aggressive and dangerous drivers.

Yes, all is not simple & pure on the roads of Europe.
Ireland gets my vote for trying hardest (or many urban drivers/riders, here & abroad & as already said) to drive like a Jamaican!
In big city multi-lane areas it's common to witness "lane crowding" such as the video portrays.
#62 nails it, albeit, sadly...

Under what circumstances would putting your car in the path of a speeding motorcycle ever possibly end well???:dunno

:dance:dance:dance

I'm thinking along the lines of poster "ClassicVW" above. I said she didn't INTEND to cause this harm (the loss of a leg). That doesn't mean it was smart, or right. She did a stupid, unsafe move that resulted in far more tragedy than she likely intended. But she's still responsible.

I, a long time MC rider , do exactly as you state(slow down at curves/speed up in straights (who doesn't?), when driving through the Dragon & pulling my RV camp trailer on way home to KY from FL,etc..I live in the mtns and am not being nervous, just sane & safe. It is also an area where log trucks,etc. are commonly encountered. it is NOT a race track as some seem to think. I do watch there for MC's that want to overtake me but that doesn't change the fact that it's a public road and not a MC playground as such.

I DON'T!!!!

I ride The Pace, as do hundreds, if not tens of thousands of other motorcyclists.
Basically, same speed in corners and straights. ultra smooth, ultra easy, ultra fun.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace

I DON'T!!!!

I ride The Pace, as do hundreds, if not tens of thousands of other motorcyclists.
Basically, same speed in corners and straights. ultra smooth, ultra easy, ultra fun.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace

I made reference to the simple fact that it's a public road & that I use it several ways. What part of this-"when driving through the Dragon & pulling my RV camp trailer on way home,etc." is your point ?:scratch

Back