Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: "But I did not cause it"

It's not attempted murder because she didn't purposely try to kill him. Hell, she could say she didn't even intend to harm him, which is probably true. Under the law it's barely assault, probably just reckless endangerment or reckless driving.

Mission accomplished , she slowed him down

She will be found guilty of a much lesser charge by a jury of her car driving peers and pay a fine
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I drove a Dodge Power Wagon pick-up through central Milan. It was like trying to maneuver an aircraft carrier through a small boat regatta. The numerous traffic circles were chaos.

I've lived in Europe for several years. All countries have their share of idiotic, aggressive and dangerous drivers.
    Yes, all is not simple & pure on the roads of Europe.
    Ireland gets my vote for trying hardest (or many urban drivers/riders, here & abroad & as already said) to drive like a Jamaican!
    In big city multi-lane areas it's common to witness "lane crowding" such as the video portrays.
    #62 nails it, albeit, sadly...
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Under what circumstances would putting your car in the path of a speeding motorcycle ever possibly end well???

I'm thinking along the lines of poster "ClassicVW" above. I said she didn't INTEND to cause this harm (the loss of a leg). That doesn't mean it was smart, or right. She did a stupid, unsafe move that resulted in far more tragedy than she likely intended. But she's still responsible.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    I, a long time MC rider , do exactly as you state(slow down at curves/speed up in straights (who doesn't?), when driving through the Dragon & pulling my RV camp trailer on way home to KY from FL,etc..I live in the mtns and am not being nervous, just sane & safe. It is also an area where log trucks,etc. are commonly encountered. it is NOT a race track as some seem to think. I do watch there for MC's that want to overtake me but that doesn't change the fact that it's a public road and not a MC playground as such.
    I DON'T!!!!

I ride The Pace, as do hundreds, if not tens of thousands of other motorcyclists.
    Basically, same speed in corners and straights. ultra smooth, ultra easy, ultra fun.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    I DON'T!!!!

I ride The Pace, as do hundreds, if not tens of thousands of other motorcyclists.
    Basically, same speed in corners and straights. ultra smooth, ultra easy, ultra fun.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace
    I made reference to the simple fact that it's a public road & that I use it several ways. What part of this-"when driving through the Dragon & pulling my RV camp trailer on way home,etc." is your point ?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.