• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Almost 2 Months and still no membership materials

Joined too

I joined too, three years up front membership. MOA took my money right away. Took four weeks of email, which didn't work since they said it went to their spam folder, yet it was the link they had for members that couldn't sign on to the forum before I took the next step. I finally decided the effort wasn't worth the energy but was unable to let them benefit from poor management so I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges. It seems that this triggered a spam folder revelation/improvement that finally got a response. Not really interested in excuses, I was on a FREE Honda ST forum for years and they didn't have any problem following up on anything. Love my 09 RT1200RT, but so far the forum is falling way short of my expectation based on cost versus what was free on previous forums. As to any membership packages, magazines, or other benefits....never experienced them. Don't really care about the membership fee I paid up front, it will not be noticed, but I'm just disappointed that BMWMOA is appears to be so much less than it could/should have been. I suspect they started much like unions, good intentions and justification, but they quickly became just another business, quick to take members' money but quick to loose focus on why they started. Just my supposition and gut feeling....hope I'm wrong.

Andyh,

I apologize that you had difficulty gaining access to the forum. I would suggest to everyone that this thread demonstrates the exceptional cases and not the rule of how things operate. Regardless of whether these issues are widespread or limited, here is the solution. My personal cell phone number is 205-821-7205. This number rings my home, office and cell. If you, or any MOA member, has a request or concern that hasn't been addressed, call me. I want to know about it. I will do my best to have it resolved within a day or two. Our normal turnaround time is less than 48 hours for any member request and usually it is resolved the same day. If you haven't had an answer within that time frame, it is likely that I don't know about your issue.

You joined on August 18th and sent five emails to the websmaster@bmwmoa.org address. Those emails were caught in a spam filter on my machine. As soon as I realized that was the case, I corrected your access on September 3. Your membership card and welcome packet is mailing September 16.

I understand your experience so far has not been what you wanted. Give the organization an opportunity to properly address your concerns and you will find it worthwhile. You have my number if you need anything.

Ted Moyer
BMW MOA

Not to pile on, but when I didn't re-new last year the ON was stopped immediately, which I fully expected. I decided to re-new in June and haven't received anything at all. I like the forum but it's the only one I belong to that requires a fee to remain active.

Last year I too let my membership lapse for about 2 months for various reasons, none of which was the performance of the MOA. And yes, my ON delivery as expected was quickly stopped. When I renewed by phone because at the time the renewal link was non functioning, I got very friendly help. I do remember that I got the 2 ON issues that I had missed during my membership lapse. And to boot, if I'm remembering correctly, that my expiration date for this year didn't changed but they also "pro-rated" my membership because I had renewed within a certain amount of time after it expired. By pro-rated I mean it was slightly discounted so that my expiration date remained the same and I would show as a continuous member with the same member number. And I still got the magazines I had missed.

Andyh,

I apologize that you had difficulty gaining access to the forum. I would suggest to everyone that this thread demonstrates the exceptional cases and not the rule of how things operate. Regardless of whether these issues are widespread or limited, here is the solution. My personal cell phone number is 205-821-7205. This number rings my home, office and cell. If you, or any MOA member, has a request or concern that hasn't been addressed, call me. I want to know about it. I will do my best to have it resolved within a day or two. Our normal turnaround time is less than 48 hours for any member request and usually it is resolved the same day. If you haven't had an answer within that time frame, it is likely that I don't know about your issue.

You joined on August 18th and sent five emails to the websmaster@bmwmoa.org address. Those emails were caught in a spam filter on my machine. As soon as I realized that was the case, I corrected your access on September 3. Your membership card and welcome packet is mailing September 16.

I understand your experience so far has not been what you wanted. Give the organization an opportunity to properly address your concerns and you will find it worthwhile. You have my number if you need anything.

Ted Moyer
BMW MOA

Did my packet ship out also?

I joined in mid July.
I've received my Anonymous book, an ON magazine and a sweepstakes sign-up, but no membership packet yet.

I completely understand that things take time - especially in a volunteer org. But, 2+ months is a bit excessive for a service that is being paid for.
I'm not trying to continue feeding a dumpster fire of a debate ;)
But, most dissatisfaction could be avoided by noting that there may be a 8 week delay in getting your membership materials after you sign up - at the time of sign-up. This would communicate the actual TAT of the process and provide a reasonable expectation to the customer up front - hence, quelling the heartburn that some have about the waiting process.

Waiting patiently,
Brian in Austin

I joined in mid July.
I've received my Anonymous book, an ON magazine and a sweepstakes sign-up, but no membership packet yet.

I completely understand that things take time - especially in a volunteer org. But, 2+ months is a bit excessive for a service that is being paid for.
I'm not trying to continue feeding a dumpster fire of a debate ;)
But, most dissatisfaction could be avoided by noting that there may be a 8 week delay in getting your membership materials after you sign up - at the time of sign-up. This would communicate the actual TAT of the process and provide a reasonable expectation to the customer up front - hence, quelling the heartburn that some have about the waiting process.

Waiting patiently,
Brian in Austin

bmgatx,

Your materials would have shipped August 15 and arrived shortly after. If you have not received those, there is a mail issue. I'll have another card and packet shipped to you. It will be a October 15 mailing. Let me know if you need a temporary card before then.

Ted

bmgatx,

Your materials would have shipped August 15 and arrived shortly after. If you have not received those, there is a mail issue. I'll have another card and packet shipped to you. It will be a October 15 mailing. Let me know if you need a temporary card before then.

Ted
Ted,
Thanks for the response. I don't believe I'll need the card before then.

Brian in Austin

bmgatx,

Ted

I renewed on 9/15 and based on this thread, a new membership card will be mailed out November 15th?

My question is that when I check the status of my account on line, it shows membership expiration date of 10/31/2014. Shouldn't that be updated by now?

(Also, I can't seem to send an email to anyone from the website?)

By website, do you mean the forum? I just sent an email to myself using my profile. Clicking on the profile brings up a link to send an email. There's a box for a title and message. The system then finds my email address as part of my profile/registration and sends it.

So, if you could provide a few more details on what you did, maybe I can track that down. There is some concern among the moderators that maybe emails aren't being sent, but I'd like to hear more about your particular situation.

Thanks...

I renewed on 9/15 and based on this thread, a new membership card will be mailed out November 15th?

My question is that when I check the status of my account on line, it shows membership expiration date of 10/31/2014. Shouldn't that be updated by now?

Larry,

It looks like you purchased a Superstakes ticket on 9/15. Your membership will be extended by a year, but the update isn't automatic as if you were renewing your membership. It has to happen manually since the extension ids part of the Superstakes promotion.

With the rush of ticket buyers to get into the Earlybird drawing, the membership processing will take a little extra time. Look for your new card to be mailed November 155th.

Ted

By website, do you mean the forum? I just sent an email to myself using my profile. Clicking on the profile brings up a link to send an email. There's a box for a title and message. The system then finds my email address as part of my profile/registration and sends it.

So, if you could provide a few more details on what you did, maybe I can track that down. There is some concern among the moderators that maybe emails aren't being sent, but I'd like to hear more about your particular situation.

Thanks...

It is likely the contact forms on the main website aren't working correctly. We made some changes so that the forum notifications would be processed correctly and those changes affected the main site contact forms.

All of our energy is going into launching a new database system that addresses many of these issues - email, contact forms, Flea Market, forum integration - you name it. No more updates or corrections are planned for the current site. We are looking at another two weeks before that system is available, assuming things go according to plan.

If you need something, I would suggest emailing me directly and I will get you in the right place. ted@bmwmoa.org.

It is likely the contact forms on the main website aren't working correctly. We made some changes so that the forum notifications would be processed correctly and those changes affected the main site contact forms.

Yes. This is where I was trying to ask about membership.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Back