Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Almost 2 Months and still no membership materials

Quote Originally Posted by kenlavine View Post
    Not to pile on, but when I didn't re-new last year the ON was stopped immediately, which I fully expected. I decided to re-new in June and haven't received anything at all. I like the forum but it's the only one I belong to that requires a fee to remain active.
    Last year I too let my membership lapse for about 2 months for various reasons, none of which was the performance of the MOA. And yes, my ON delivery as expected was quickly stopped. When I renewed by phone because at the time the renewal link was non functioning, I got very friendly help. I do remember that I got the 2 ON issues that I had missed during my membership lapse. And to boot, if I'm remembering correctly, that my expiration date for this year didn't changed but they also "pro-rated" my membership because I had renewed within a certain amount of time after it expired. By pro-rated I mean it was slightly discounted so that my expiration date remained the same and I would show as a continuous member with the same member number. And I still got the magazines I had missed.
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990
    Chris & Donna's Motorcycle Journeys

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Got my Anonymous book yesterday.

Same here!!

Quote Originally Posted by t2moyer View Post
    Andyh,

I apologize that you had difficulty gaining access to the forum. I would suggest to everyone that this thread demonstrates the exceptional cases and not the rule of how things operate. Regardless of whether these issues are widespread or limited, here is the solution. My personal cell phone number is 205-821-7205. This number rings my home, office and cell. If you, or any MOA member, has a request or concern that hasn't been addressed, call me. I want to know about it. I will do my best to have it resolved within a day or two. Our normal turnaround time is less than 48 hours for any member request and usually it is resolved the same day. If you haven't had an answer within that time frame, it is likely that I don't know about your issue.

You joined on August 18th and sent five emails to the websmaster@bmwmoa.org address. Those emails were caught in a spam filter on my machine. As soon as I realized that was the case, I corrected your access on September 3. Your membership card and welcome packet is mailing September 16.

I understand your experience so far has not been what you wanted. Give the organization an opportunity to properly address your concerns and you will find it worthwhile. You have my number if you need anything.

Ted Moyer
    BMW MOA
    Did my packet ship out also?

I joined in mid July.
    I've received my Anonymous book, an ON magazine and a sweepstakes sign-up, but no membership packet yet.

I completely understand that things take time - especially in a volunteer org. But, 2+ months is a bit excessive for a service that is being paid for.
    I'm not trying to continue feeding a dumpster fire of a debate
    But, most dissatisfaction could be avoided by noting that there may be a 8 week delay in getting your membership materials after you sign up - at the time of sign-up. This would communicate the actual TAT of the process and provide a reasonable expectation to the customer up front - hence, quelling the heartburn that some have about the waiting process.

Waiting patiently,
    Brian in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by btempero View Post
    Did my packet ship out also?
    btempero,

Your card and package would have shipped 9/15. Let me know if it hasn't arrived.

Ted Moyer
    BMW MOA
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

Quote Originally Posted by bmgatx View Post
    I joined in mid July.
    I've received my Anonymous book, an ON magazine and a sweepstakes sign-up, but no membership packet yet.

I completely understand that things take time - especially in a volunteer org. But, 2+ months is a bit excessive for a service that is being paid for.
    I'm not trying to continue feeding a dumpster fire of a debate
    But, most dissatisfaction could be avoided by noting that there may be a 8 week delay in getting your membership materials after you sign up - at the time of sign-up. This would communicate the actual TAT of the process and provide a reasonable expectation to the customer up front - hence, quelling the heartburn that some have about the waiting process.

Waiting patiently,
    Brian in Austin
    bmgatx,

Your materials would have shipped August 15 and arrived shortly after. If you have not received those, there is a mail issue. I'll have another card and packet shipped to you. It will be a October 15 mailing. Let me know if you need a temporary card before then.

Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

bmgatx,

Your materials would have shipped August 15 and arrived shortly after. If you have not received those, there is a mail issue. I'll have another card and packet shipped to you. It will be a October 15 mailing. Let me know if you need a temporary card before then.

Ted
    Ted,
    Thanks for the response. I don't believe I'll need the card before then.

Brian in Austin

btempero,

Your card and package would have shipped 9/15. Let me know if it hasn't arrived.

Ted Moyer
    BMW MOA
    Ted,

I never received these items.

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    I signed up and paid 8/13/14. No membership packet yet but got my Superstakes entry form.
    Received my membership packet yesterday 9/27/14.

bmgatx,

Ted
    I renewed on 9/15 and based on this thread, a new membership card will be mailed out November 15th?

My question is that when I check the status of my account on line, it shows membership expiration date of 10/31/2014. Shouldn't that be updated by now?

(Also, I can't seem to send an email to anyone from the website?)
    Larry
    Midnight Blue 2013 BMW R1200RT (36,092 miles from 9/24/13 thru 9/23/2014)
    2010 Harley Road Glide (gone after 61,964 miles)
    2001 Harley Electra Glide (gone after 138,048 miles)

Quote Originally Posted by xlarry View Post
    By website, do you mean the forum? I just sent an email to myself using my profile. Clicking on the profile brings up a link to send an email. There's a box for a title and message. The system then finds my email address as part of my profile/registration and sends it.

So, if you could provide a few more details on what you did, maybe I can track that down. There is some concern among the moderators that maybe emails aren't being sent, but I'd like to hear more about your particular situation.

Thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by xlarry View Post
    I renewed on 9/15 and based on this thread, a new membership card will be mailed out November 15th?

My question is that when I check the status of my account on line, it shows membership expiration date of 10/31/2014. Shouldn't that be updated by now?

Larry,

It looks like you purchased a Superstakes ticket on 9/15. Your membership will be extended by a year, but the update isn't automatic as if you were renewing your membership. It has to happen manually since the extension ids part of the Superstakes promotion.

With the rush of ticket buyers to get into the Earlybird drawing, the membership processing will take a little extra time. Look for your new card to be mailed November 155th.

Ted
    Ted Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    By website, do you mean the forum? I just sent an email to myself using my profile. Clicking on the profile brings up a link to send an email. There's a box for a title and message. The system then finds my email address as part of my profile/registration and sends it.

So, if you could provide a few more details on what you did, maybe I can track that down. There is some concern among the moderators that maybe emails aren't being sent, but I'd like to hear more about your particular situation.

Thanks...
    It is likely the contact forms on the main website aren't working correctly. We made some changes so that the forum notifications would be processed correctly and those changes affected the main site contact forms.

All of our energy is going into launching a new database system that addresses many of these issues - email, contact forms, Flea Market, forum integration - you name it. No more updates or corrections are planned for the current site. We are looking at another two weeks before that system is available, assuming things go according to plan.

If you need something, I would suggest emailing me directly and I will get you in the right place. ted@bmwmoa.org.
    Ted Moyer

It is likely the contact forms on the main website aren't working correctly. We made some changes so that the forum notifications would be processed correctly and those changes affected the main site contact forms.

Yes. This is where I was trying to ask about membership.

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Larry
    Midnight Blue 2013 BMW R1200RT (36,092 miles from 9/24/13 thru 9/23/2014)
    2010 Harley Road Glide (gone after 61,964 miles)
    2001 Harley Electra Glide (gone after 138,048 miles)