• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mobile Anonymous Book App

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
Its ALIVE!!!!!!

Just tried it on my BlackBerry 10 and it works just fine. Thanks to all those who worked on this valuable tool. I'm sure there were tears and heartache - but it was all worth it!

Thanks again. :thumb:thumb

What is the title? I can't find it in iOS. I can access it on my computer, but I cannot find an app in the app store on my iphone.

What is the title? I can't find it in iOS. I can access it on my computer, but I cannot find an app in the app store on my iphone.

There isn't a app you download for this. It is accessed through the forum, as part of securing the information. You have to be an MOA member logged into the forum. On your phone, navigate to this thread and click on the link:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?74213-The-Anonymous-Book-Mobile-Edition

If you have any issues or feedback for the Anonymous Book in this form, visit some of the other threads in this forum and let us know what you found:

http://forums.forums.bmwmoa.orgdisplay.php?108-Anonymous-Book-and-Support

There isn't a app you download for this. It is accessed through the forum, as part of securing the information. You have to be an MOA member logged into the forum. On your phone, navigate to this thread and click on the link:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?74213-The-Anonymous-Book-Mobile-Edition

If you have any issues or feedback for the Anonymous Book in this form, visit some of the other threads in this forum and let us know what you found:

http://forums.forums.bmwmoa.orgdisplay.php?108-Anonymous-Book-and-Support

OK, thanks.

Someone should change the title of this original post. An App and the World Wide Web (www) are two completely different ways to access the internet. I would like to see the MOA develop an App, they are much easier to use on your phone than going through the www and it's another way to bring the next generation of members to the club. The younger crowd is going away from the www and using mostly apps.

Someone should change the title of this original post. An App and the World Wide Web (www) are two completely different ways to access the internet. I would like to see the MOA develop an App, they are much easier to use on your phone than going through the www and it's another way to bring the next generation of members to the club. The younger crowd is going away from the www and using mostly apps.

Thanks for the suggestion...I think others have said something similar to that. But I'm sure you've read the reasons this has been developed as an access through the forum. I'm not aware of all the possible future plans, so time will tell.

Sure, having an app might be a "one click" to get to the Anonymous book. But what about "two clicks"? That's nearly the same thing. Go to this URL on the MOA home page:

http://bmwmoa.org/TheClub/TheAnonymousBook.aspx

and go down near the bottom in the section titled "Bookmarking the URL on Your Mobile Device". It looks like if you follow these directions, you can put a book mark on your phone that simply takes you directly to the Anonymous Book thread and then you would click on the active Anonymous Book link in that thread...two clicks. That would save a lot of steps.

How up to date is the Anonymous listing db? I notice because I wasn't included in the print 2014 book due to a setting in my profile which speaks since boon corrected. Still not finding myself in this version.

Course, not finding myself could be considered a personal problem...:whistle

How up to date is the Anonymous listing db?

Ted said in his opening statement about this version is that it is pulled from data on-hand as of November 2013. Updates will be coming as time goes by. I'm sure eventually, they'll build in a way for someone to make quick changes, either on-line or most likely by calling the office and having it done "why you wait". I don't really know about that for sure, but as we get through this version, plans for the next version will be released.

OK, thanks.

Pros and cons of web apps vs. native apps.

http://mobiledevices.about.com/od/a...d-Cons-Of-Native-Apps-And-Mobile-Web-Apps.htm

Great link and information Visian. This is remenicient of the Beta vs VHS situation. Customers / Users do not always pick the most technically effective or cheapest solution. Specific features are widely being 'Applified' world wide due in large part to the prevalence of Devices other than Computers being carried everywhere people go. For myself, I would rather have an App for when Internet is available and will always carry my trusty hard copy book for when it isn't.

Sure, having an app might be a "one click" to get to the Anonymous book. But what about "two clicks"? That's nearly the same thing.
Well, to be precise, two clicks is twice as many as one click (representing an increased effort of 100%!). :stick :ha Sorry- couldn't resist.:jester :beer

Someone should change the title of this original post. An App and the World Wide Web (www) are two completely different ways to access the internet....The younger crowd is going away from the www and using mostly apps.

Has the "younger crowd" also forgotten how to problem solve and think for themselves?

Applications are typically OS-centric. Many members use various devices which means the club would have to develop multiple applications to match different platforms or risk having some members not being able access to the on-line Anonymous Book. I believe the club has chosen the right course of action.

Has the "younger crowd" also forgotten how to problem solve and think for themselves?

Applications are typically OS-centric. Many members use various devices which means the club would have to develop multiple applications to match different platforms or risk having some members not being able access to the on-line Anonymous Book. I believe the club has chosen the right course of action.

My last ten years of work involved building supporting web and native Apps for many different things. Customers voted by their usage to the point that less than 5% used web Apps over native Apps given an opportunity to select the option. It is not that customers are not smart enough to navigate and find web Apps, it is just the web delivery method is becoming outdated. Yes, it will be harder (for the MOA) to build and support native Apps for say, Blackberry, Android and iOS but as a Customer of the solution I would much rather have a Native App. However this web App is a great start and well on the way to augmenting the hard copy book; I for one would like to at least see a cost estimate to build and maintain native Apps as a next step.

I don't. Trying to read a web page sucks on my phone. Reading an application made for the phone will make the data much more readable and FWIW, there are two major platforms, iOS and Android. The data could be persistent on the phone app and updatable when there is an internet connection, but available offline.

Back