• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2014 R1200RT shocks delivery schedule

Everybody is getting anxious including myself. We have waited all this time for our repairs and as usual no real communication. What we do know is bikes are getting repaired so I for one can hold on another week or two if that is what it is to be. I actually rode mine to the dealer on Saturday ( don't tell anyone, 75 miles ) and I can honestly say keeping it is the right thing to do for me. If you bought it because it was the right bike for you why settle for something else when your this close to a fix. The question becomes Who really loses, not BMW, they will probably write it off turning it back in.:banghead

Al

Lucky 183!

I just talked with my dealer and was told that the e-mail he got said the first 32 shocks shipped.

The good news (for me and 200+ others) is that an additional 204 shocks will be shipped THIS WEEK! Looks like that gets us to 236.

Huzzah, the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a freight train coming at me :dance

Dealer just called right before closing....

My baby is fixed and is ready to pick up tomorrow (Touring Sport BMW).

Have to sign some paperwork and then turn in the loaner (my old K1600GT).

Can't wait!

Buck,

Don't scratch my bike in your hurry to get out of the dealership!! LOL I believe one more in front of mine. Hopefully this week!!

Al
Don't worry I will be careful. Probably have Wayne deliver it to the house. Hopefully a beach trip for lunch Saturday. I need some butt miles befor the AZ trip!

Update

A few minutes ago I got an email from BMW and they said that our dealers would receive 426 shocks tomorrow!

That's right...TOMORROW

Be at my dealers office tomorrow for the install

Shocks IN !

Here is the news

Dear BMW Motorrad R 1200 RT Customer,

R 1200 RT Stop Ride Customer Care Package - PARTS AVAILABILITY UPDATE

The anticipated R 1200 RT Dynamic ESA replacement rear shock absorbers started arriving at the dealers today. Attached is the national list of RT customers who have chosen option 1 and 2 and are awaiting their shock for the repair of their RT. If you received this email, you are an option 1 or 2 customer. The list order is based on the original retail delivery date as per the Retail Delivery Record punched by the dealer which established the in service date of the motorcycle.

Today the initial allotment of the first 32 Dynamic ESA shock absorbers arrived at the dealers. These are allocated to customers? 1 through 32 on the attached list. Today BMW shipped 426 shock absorbers which are arriving at the dealers tomorrow. As of tomorrow, customer 1 through 458 on the list has a shock at their dealership awaiting them. Tomorrow we anticipate the remaining 69 units to be shipped for arrival at the dealerships by Thursday. We have ample supply of the shock absorbers and every customer should be in the final preparation of having the dealer arrange the service visit to bring your motorcycle back to you as quickly as possible.

BMW Motorrad USA wants to thank each and every customer for their patience during this challenge.

Please enjoy every mile on your BMW R 1200 RT, as it was intended to bring joy. Ride safely.

BMW Motorrad USA

Sounds like things are moving along. My dealer just notified me my shock is in and the bike should be ready Tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully they can get all of us fix up in about a week:clap

Not quite yet

:cry
Dealer says nothing arrived today. BMW's left hand and right must be on two separate bodies because they sure aren't printing shipping labels for the shocks that were shipped yesterday.

Today must be what they meant. Yeah, they meant today...I'm sure of it :whistle

This means I may get a chance to test ride my dealer's demo RT this weekend when I'm getting a new fuel strip in my 05. I'm also going to be with in a short distance to a Triumph dealer. I guess I may have to try the Trophy out also.

Done this morning.

New shock:

new-shock-800.jpg

New shock installed:

new-shock-installed-800.jpg

Last edited:
My bike is home and all is good... Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC fixed it yesterday, but I did not get over to them until after work tonight. It was great to be back "home" on the bike heading home.

Well after two days BMW "customer service" did reply to my email asking if they could give me a time frame when I could expect my motorcycle to be fixed. Their answer was--and I kid you know--"we'll research that and get back to you."

Looks like they're going to miss your deadline! Remember, these CS folks were hired in Columbus, Ohio to work with financial accounts with regards to loans and leases. They knew nothing about manufacturing of motorcycles, struts, defects or motorcyclists/motorcycling in general. They were thrown into this current role by management, who needed folks to answer a Hotline number to keep pissed off people at arms length. Actually feel for them. I'm sure they're happy this is all coming to a close.

I agree with Dan. I KNOW the area rep is avoiding this as much as possible AND perpetuating the screw up. 2 days and the only reply my dealer got was "send the information to this address" which bounced. She appears to be too busy to return calls.

I was assured, after moving up the food chain 3 times at CS, that the shocks would be at my dealer today... or Friday at the latest. Or if they aren't call them on Monday. Yeah, nobody knows squat. They do not have access to "the list" that ~1/2 of you got!

I'm in this deep and another week isn't going to kill me... close to but not. Doesn't help the frustration at all.

This means I may get a chance to test ride my dealer's demo RT this weekend when I'm getting a new fuel strip in my 05. I'm also going to be with in a short distance to a Triumph dealer. I guess I may have to try the Trophy out also.

Drop,

Let us know if you dealers demo is ridable his weekend. If it is and mine isn't I'll have even MORE ammo.

Done Last Night

BMW of Ventura Picked the bike up last night after 4:00 and did it last night! Wow thanks guys.

Did not expect it to be done until today so this was very cool. As others have stated in this forum, BMW is hosing the dealers on this because the dealer is cutting the check for me. BMW will reimburse the dealer within 30 days.

So the dealer gets to pay for the warrantied shock, the labor, the check and the freight for all of this and THEN they get a check from BMW for this? What the What :banghead

Now I am beginning to understand why there are not more BMW dealers in the country. Would you want to deal with a corporate structure so byzantine?

This isn't all that unusual. When I had a retail business my suppliers were always looking to use my money first. The cash flow crunch can be a bigger killer of small business then profitability. When I pick up my bike tomorrow, I expect to wait for the check until the dealer gets paid...no worries.

But kudos to BMW of Western Oregon...they got the shock today and it's already in the bike ready to be picked up. Woohoo!
Same deal. My dealer has 8 bikes. That is a bunch of cash for a small business to fork over. I am happy to wait. Dealer has bent over backwards to helps me through all this.

Same deal. My dealer has 8 bikes. That is a bunch of cash for a small business to fork over. I am happy to wait. Dealer has bent over backwards to helps me through all this.

+1

Actually there were 5 of us picking up our RT's from the dealer yesterday afternoon!!

Back