Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Learn Garmin BaseCamp Tutorial Videos

Quote Originally Posted by dfisher1 View Post
    I guess I am a little dense this morning !!!!!!
    I have an iMac computer, in Basecamp, how do I access Google Earth ????
    Is that part of "Birdseye" that says it is a subscription service ????
    Thanks again.......
    Go to beginning of thread and watch lesson 6. Starts at about 3:20 mark where he discusses google earth. Similarly, lesson 7 discusses the integration of Yelp. Using these two items helps immensely in planning.
    John
    Defiance, MO
    96 BMW R1100GS; 17 KTM 350 EXC-F

Quote Originally Posted by GotFog View Post
    Go to beginning of thread and watch lesson 6. Starts at about 3:20 mark where he discusses google earth. Similarly, lesson 7 discusses the integration of Yelp. Using these two items helps immensely in planning.
    I will do....
    Thank you very much !!!!!

I will do....
    Thank you very much !!!!!
    You are welcome.
    At the end of the videos section nest the bottom of the first post is a link to a download:

http://www.newenglandriders.org/Learn_BaseCamp_PC.pdf

This is an excellent guide on using BC. If you set aside about 2 or 3 hours, make a pot of coffee, and follow along with the lesson, you will learn a tremendous amount about BC. I like the lesson on integrating with GEarth and Yelp. You can scout out fueling stops zoom in at street level, determine layout. I have even used to see if premium fuel is available.

See you out on the road.
    John
    Defiance, MO
    96 BMW R1100GS; 17 KTM 350 EXC-F

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    I guess I am a little dense this morning !!!!!!
    I have an iMac computer, in Basecamp, how do I access Google Earth ????
    Is that part of "Birdseye" that says it is a subscription service ????
    Thanks again.......
    No, Birdseye requires a subscription whereas Google Earth Pro is now free. It used to be $400.00 a year..
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, Ď17 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by GotFog View Post
    You are welcome.
    At the end of the videos section nest the bottom of the first post is a link to a download:

http://www.newenglandriders.org/Learn_BaseCamp_PC.pdf

This is an excellent guide on using BC. If you set aside about 2 or 3 hours, make a pot of coffee, and follow along with the lesson, you will learn a tremendous amount about BC. I like the lesson on integrating with GEarth and Yelp. You can scout out fueling stops zoom in at street level, determine layout. I have even used to see if premium fuel is available.

See you out on the road.
    Thanks for all the great info !!!! Tonight and tomorrow suppose to have 3 to 5" of snow.....Mother Nature doesn't know it is suppose to be Spring....
    So it will be a good time to watch some of the lesson videos !!!!!

a great offer to learn garmin Baseacamp
    i learn a lot from it
    thanks

Amazing Videos and a question

I am working my way through these incredible videos, so much info here.

I have a question that I have yet to get answered in the videos. When I plan a route on Basecamp and then load it into the Nav V sometimes the Nav V recalculates the route that I just created. I'm thinking that if the Navigation setting that I used to create the route in Basecamp is not the same as the setting in the Nav V it recalculates. Makes sense to me but can someone confirm that for me. Sorry for the basic question.

Thanks in advance

HW

Quote Originally Posted by hwerner View Post
    I am working my way through these incredible videos, so much info here.

I have a question that I have yet to get answered in the videos. When I plan a route on Basecamp and then load it into the Nav V sometimes the Nav V recalculates the route that I just created. I'm thinking that if the Navigation setting that I used to create the route in Basecamp is not the same as the setting in the Nav V it recalculates. Makes sense to me but can someone confirm that for me. Sorry for the basic question.

Thanks in advance

HW
    The maps on Basecamp and your NAV must be the same edition, preferences must also be the same. Per the instruction for "setup" from NER, on both Basecamp and the NAV, turn all preferences off... I have been using this with my NAV VI, on many custom routes, it works perfectly, I have never had a "recalculate" on the NAV after downloading a route from Basecamp... Hope this helps....

Thank you.

I didnít realize that I could turn the route preferences off. That makes total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hwerner View Post
    Thank you.

I didnít realize that I could turn the route preferences off. That makes total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the NER tutorial, read again the first few pages where they tell you how to setup Basecamp and the GPS..... I think you will find that will solve your issues....