• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Scooter of the year

It's a good looking ride-

080314-2013-bmw-c650gt.jpg

It would be nice to hear some real world reports on how they are working out.....the good, the bad and the ugly.
OM

It would be nice to hear some real world reports on how they are working out.....the good, the bad and the ugly.
OM

I absolutely love mine. I have the platinum bronze and have had mine since Oct 12 2012. I do not miss shifting gears and enjoy the floor boards and the amount of leg room with a good Lower back rest.

The scooter has had a recall on the cam chain tensioner a couple of months ago and it has been taken care of. This recall effected 163 scooters here in Canada, the side stand switch was also recalled due to water getting it, also taken care of.

If owners had a luggage rack it was also called back as a couple of screws would loosen (a drop of locktite took care of this) and the top box would fall off. I have a rack and box but never had any problem with mine.

But I still love mine top speed is good. Handling is great (leans into corners really good) I use all the tread. Good fuel economy 4 litres per 100 km 360 km till I start looking for fuel (tank holds 16 litres). I find it to be very comfortable on long distance rides.

I have the heated grips, heated seats, tire pressure monitor units, these items are the high line package

I have added a gps and drink holder

The under seat storage is 60 litres (the article says 40) enough to hold 2 full faced helmets or my tent, sleeping bag, therma rest my spare layers for my jacket and more odds and ends. I have the top box that will also hold 35 litres of stuff. I can easily go away for a week on this scooter. With my cooler of beer or water on the back seat.

I have not seen another on the road in the 22 months I have had mine (it was the first in North America) 2 weeks before the states got theirs.

I really can't find a real bad thing about it except the mirrors are not the best but they work

Last edited:
Bigger petrol tank would be good.
Other than that this is my daily driver and whatever else you got, need to be talked out of riding it as opposed to F800 or RT.
At speed in a sweeper it's so planted.
The CG is low. In the slows you don't realize it weighs more than an RT.
No top case, I strap on a large Helen's bag and that combined with the boot gives me all the capacity I need.
If you get caught in traffic you really get to like CVT.
IMHO the best stock saddle on any BMW I've sat.

Last edited:

OM

I'll offer up the same sentiment - I love the bike - just rolled 13K miles on the 2014 Havana (metallic brown) one I got in January (having crashed the platinum bronze one I got in May 2013 with 12K miles on it. Ditto on the handling comment - I think since there is no engine between my knees I can really lean the bike while staying pretty upright in the seat...it's surprisingly nimble once it's moving (at rest, she is a bit of a hog). I just did an Ironbutt 1000 ride about 6 weeks back, and at the end of that run two of the fellows on the ride commented how while at first, when they saw me pull up on a scooter they thought it was a joke, but by the end, having seen how much more comfortable it is and still has all the performance they'd want they are going to look into getting one.

I know only a couple of other riders in the Los Angeles area who have C600 Sports, and saw one red C650GT on the 405 freeway only once.

Back