• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Retread member from Prescott, Arizona

RandyBailey

I had let my membership lapse for a few years, but decided now that I'm riding more I should support the organization again.

On Aug. 5, 2014 I flew to Philadelphia and bought a 2013 R1200RT with 1,600 miles. I handed over the check and started riding West. For the next four days I rode through heavy rain, wind and in places, hail. It was 2,400 miles to my home and I was glad to make it without any major mishaps. The only mechanical issue I encountered, probably due to the wet conditions, was the failure of the cruise control switch in Oklahoma.

It was a great ride and really familiarized me with the new features BMW has added since I bought my current ride, a 2003 (now for sale).

About me... I'm a semi-retired LEO. I got my drivers license and bought my first bike, a Honda C110, when I was 14 years old. I did motocross and road racing as a kid and have owned probably 20 different bikes, including 2 Concours and 3 RTs.

Alright!

WELCOME back Randy! Great looking RT...you're really going to love it in dry weather. I hope you requested your original member number when you rejoined. If not, contact the office and they can get it reassigned to you.

Thanks for being a member!

Welcome and what a great bike!
My dad was going to relocate to Prescott in 1978 and built a solar thermal home in a sub division I think Yapia hills but his job did not work out and sold the house. Really loved your area.
Ride safe

Welcome back!

Great to have you back in the flock. If you travelled through Oklahoma on I-40 you were within a few miles of me when you crossed Lake Eufaula.

Thanks for being a member - if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Back