Thread: Turn signal switch

Turn signal switch

I have an '05 RT and the left turn signal switch is acting up. I have narrowed it down to the switch. When closed it reads 1K ohms. Exercised it rapidly and it started working. (0 ohms). Put it all back together and it's acting up again. The replacement switch assembly is surprisingly expensive. Does anybody know where I can get a used assembly? The individual switch, I am told, is not available separately.

There are a few used parts vendors. You may want to check with Beemerboneyard.com
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders
    '12 R1200R - I love this bike!

Quote Originally Posted by bobgerman View Post
    I have an '05 RT and the left turn signal switch is acting up. I have narrowed it down to the switch. When closed it reads 1K ohms. Exercised it rapidly and it started working. (0 ohms). Put it all back together and it's acting up again. The replacement switch assembly is surprisingly expensive. Does anybody know where I can get a used assembly? The individual switch, I am told, is not available separately.
    Good luck with finding a used part. Mine went south last year and I was not able to find one all winter and ended up buying a new one for well over $600 here in Canada. It's another known issue that BMW refuses to acknowledge.
    KevinRT
    Ottawa, Canada