• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I Like Personalized Plates

DSCN1819-1.jpg

My favorite, going back twenty years in Ontario on a Mustang GT...TI VOM.
I saw it regularly in a parking lot. I could not figure it out until he came blasting up behind me. In the rear view mirror I could clearly make out...MOV IT
have a good day

Thinking about a plate for my R1100S...but here's the one I had on my old 900 SS/SP.

Attachments

• DucatiSale 002.jpg
    DucatiSale 002.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 451
I like vanity plates on bikes because they make the bike more likely to be noticed.

Moto Guzzi Breva: VOLARE (Fly in Italian)
2021386900046294785S500x500Q85.jpg

BMW R100GS: FLIEGE (Fly in German as a verb; bowtie in German as a noun)
2167097390046294785S500x500Q85.jpg

Last edited:
When I lived in Virginia, I had CBX on my CBX. On my Super Glide I had 86 EVO. When I moved to Florida I got one that said Y B NORM. I still have all of those plates on my wall. Here in S. C. its a hassle to go threw the procedure to get a personal plate, so I haven't bothered.

a few years ago I walked behind a HD with the plate: RIDEME

Thought it an eye catcher and something that I could copy but Mary really said no to that one..... quite clearly. - Bob

can't pull the the trigger

!!! which makes me think.."THAT'D be a great vanity plate. But my son thinks the best of my rough drafts is BADDAD.

The first time my better half and I took a two-up trip, we were pulled over on a two lane blacktop just to glance at a map. A Harley guy wearing the little plastic brimmed, military style old fashioned cap stopped to be sure we were ok. As he drove away his license read RDKING...probably the model, but still, it made me feel better to think I'd offered assistance from The Road King.

Ya never see those caps anymore!:gerg

I have always preferred anonymous looking plates. With no advertising around them. Maybe I just am not vain enough for the vanity plates. Vain about some other things, but not that.
Now, as to all those posted above. I cannot understand far more than half of them. But then I don't want to.
Some of them I do come up with my own interpretation of what they mean. But it is not what you intended.
dc

Thinking about a plate for my R1100S...but here's the one I had on my old 900 SS/SP.

Dammit Seabecks, must you always copy me? I also had a 900 Ducati. Mine was the manly black colour, though. :laugh

Back on topic...Plate number on one of my bikes is: L8 APEX

Back