• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I Like Personalized Plates

01-Helmet-locks-2.jpg

I wonder what this one means? :doh

Jim :brow

The R80RS :bikes

Attachments

• P1220052 (Small).JPG
    P1220052 (Small).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 860
BANNED in FL.

The state revoked this tag in 98. I had it 5 years. They "deemed it objectionable or obscene". Go figure. (just dug it up while cleaning the garage)

Attachments

• P1010012 (Small).JPG
    P1010012 (Small).JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 809
Nice tags !!!

Great thread & nice tags......but why the cars??????

OK, here are mine: Inga ('04RT) : "Inga"
Igor ('82RS): "Igor"
Auto (4Runner): "Lifeflt"

FWIW, this is my first state (AL) that I have not been able to get "R100-RS"
for Igor in 24 years!!!! enjoy...............

Pennsylvania Plate

Pennsylvania only charges a one time charge of $20 for personal plates. So every thing I drive has one. I tried all kind of diffrent configurations with my K bike but allot of them were taken, so I settled for this one.

Furman

I was trying to get tsch??s but it is taken, I was a bit shocked because there are not a lot of vanity plates in AK.

I don't want a pickle.....

Jus' wanna ride my motorsickle.....

Attachments

• DSCF0666.JPG
    DSCF0666.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 892
Here in the Northeast I feel that personalized plates on a bike just make one a target especially if you commute.

The other possible side effect is as Ian pointed out, no mercy. (depending on your plate)

I used to have the plate REDEYE on the freak wagon (87 Toyota Land Cruiser wagon with lot's of Grateful Dead stickers) yet I was rarely pulled over, although given the parinoia that comes from heading home from last call in aforementioned vehicle I was always a very *good* boy.

:groovy

be a rock star

Would anybody like to see their plate featured in the ON? We're looking for Tale Light photos and pictures of the week for the Web site.

E-mail them to mandy@bmwmoa.org.

Ride safe!

yea, vanity plates are cool. One of my sometimes ride companions has an Roadster with "NO PICKL" my GS says "NO TICKL" If you are as old as us, you may be able to figure this out
Paul "older then dirt" I remember Burma Shave road signs.

I got mine finally...

Well I finally got my plates... The one on the RT is below. The other one I got is Benn 1 on the cage. I agree with Rob that vanity can make you target plates in the Northeast, or they can help you out. In New Jersey, the lower the single digit number the more political "pull" you have. Literally for my late father to get the Benn 1 plate was an act of a Senator, a congressperson can only assign someone down to a 2.

My father was given that as a gift for his 45th birthday by Senator Lautenberg. I do know that it helped to avoid a ticket or two because it was a 1. In Indiana there is no associattion between numbers and politics, I just got it in memory of my father.

Attachments

• Plates 010.jpg
    Plates 010.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 846
Second time I've lucked out getting a model number as a plate. 1st time was on a Porsche 944 the plate was "944" several times people would ask who I was to get that plate.

Unless people know BMWs this one will be stealth, I've had another RT rider tell me I suck and I've only had it for a month.

Attachments

• R1200RT-Plate (Small).jpg
    R1200RT-Plate (Small).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 834
Well I coulda had the R12RT plate here, it was tempting but I figured since it already says that on each side of the bike it was a bit redundant...so I went for the more ubiquious one...and since we are only allowed 6 fields it had to be even more subtle :dance

Attachments

• R12RT working pics 017.jpg
    R12RT working pics 017.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 824
BradfordBenn said:
Well I finally got my plates... The one on the RT is below. The other one I got is Benn 1 on the cage. I agree with Rob that vanity can make you target plates in the Northeast, or they can help you out. In New Jersey, the lower the single digit number the more political "pull" you have. Literally for my late father to get the Benn 1 plate was an act of a Senator, a congressperson can only assign someone down to a 2.

My father was given that as a gift for his 45th birthday by Senator Lautenberg. I do know that it helped to avoid a ticket or two because it was a 1. In Indiana there is no associattion between numbers and politics, I just got it in memory of my father.

Brad,
You're gonna' have to get a bigger bike - you've about run out of room for sickers on the back! :stick

Every single time I am on a twisty road and get behind a car I think this. I figure this pretty much says it all. And I still can't believe that DMV let me have it.

66311004-M.jpg

Ridealot said:
Every single time I am on a twisty road and get behind a car I think this. I figure this pretty much says it all. And I still can't believe that DMV let me have it.

66311004-M.jpg

That's great! And, from Oregon - a very...shall we say Anal state. ;)

Back