• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I Like Personalized Plates

Dammit Seabecks, must you always copy me? I also had a 900 Ducati. Mine was the manly black colour, though. :laugh

Back on topic...Plate number on one of my bikes is: L8 APEX

That's too funny! That SP actually started out with the full fairing/red body kit...I got this bike as an insurance settlement after my 93 900CR got "Subarued" on the 405. While waiting for the insurance paperwork to be completed, I mentioned to the dealer that I really like the yellow half fairing on a floor model CR. In fact I liked the CR half fairing so much, that I was considering getting that bike rather than the SP.

His response? Well, they sell the SP's in Europe with that yellow half fairing, we could just swap the body work for you...

I sold that bike to buy my first BMW (an 04 R1150R), but learned to regret that decision. Didn't really "need" the money, but just wanted the extra space in my garage. Stupid mistake! :violin

Cheers!

2012 r1200gsa

From my 2012 R1200GSA

CA05261216024250-L.jpg

There was a woman running around Fairbanks for awhile that drove a Corvette with the tag: H8MYEX and an Audi TT with the tag: MYEXPD

Just reminding my m/c plate is M69R. What do you think the State of Arizona had in mind for me?

Like my avatar photo. I had this on my previous ST1100 and it was posted on a website for the best license plate seen in Vermont. It was either 2010 or 2011. I get asked quite often how I managed to get this plate. (insider trading)

RIDE (Small).jpg

Mine says AGS12 on it.Gotta get a pic,i guess.Ed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
I hate them. Most are either not as funny as the owner thinks they are, or the sign of an ego gone wild. Just my opinion, yes it is like an a--hole, everyone has one and most of them stink.

No replies requested, or needed.

I'm too cheap to buy personalized plates, but appreciate some of them. "R U WET" comes to mind:laugh Many moons ago the Ohio DMV twice serendipitously awarded me appropriate plates for my, drum roll please..............1972 Triumph Spitfire.

Attachments

• plates.jpg
    plates.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 318
one out of 191, about right... ;)

Good one Mike :thumb

He posts that our plates stink and perhaps we are either not funny or egotists, then asks that no one reply.

Pretty funny. Maybe it was just a "drive by" post? :dunno

I hate them. Most are either not as funny as the owner thinks they are, or the sign of an ego gone wild. Just my opinion, yes it is like an a--hole, everyone has one and most of them stink.

No replies requested, or needed.

I remember what my mom always said about if you don't have anything nice to say...............:dance

Back