• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I Like Personalized Plates

before cell phones...

...driving thru Beverly Hills, CA, following a bright red Italian convert' of some very $$$ ilk, filled with the kind of blonde only found in B.H., the license read: WASHIS...:thumb

This about says it all. Best? Short Sugars, in Reidsville, NC.

Attachments

• IMG_2757 (1).jpg
    IMG_2757 (1).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 248
Newfoundland is so behind the times ad stupid, all plates are tied to vehicles so no vanity plates. I should have gotten the one I wanted before I left Ontario-I figured out how to do Slave to Gravity: SLV2GRVT

I have one or two on my shed wall that friends gave me.

I have several bikes with vanity plates. The K1200RS is "WARP", and the K1 is "TRON". TRON especially gets comments.

On the GS and GSA we have GRUVN and GRUVER; We are in a group of riders known as the FUKENGRUVERS. My Ural's plate is T34, Annie's is HACKD. Annie's F800GS is PTERO for Team Pterodactyl. Vanity tags are inexpensive in Montana and bikes are registered only once for as long as one own's the bike.

No pics, but the plate on my 2016 Harley Limited is POORUB, for Poor Urban Biker, instaed of a RUB, or rich urban biker. Kind of a double meaning, first, when I bought my first Harley I got that plate. My wife and I wanted to get back into serious riding as our daughter was in her teens and somewhat self sufficient. We were looking to spend $15K on a Lowrider, and left with a new Ultra Classic that we really couldn't afford, hence "Poor Urban biker". Second, I thought it was funny to stick that plate on a $25K-$30K motorcycle. I have people notice it and get a chuckle. I was trying to figure out some variation of that theme and use it for the plate on my R1200RT, but never came up with anything. About the best I could thing of was PUB2. Again, doubly ironic as I now can afford the "toys" and have over $50K spent on rapidly depreciating motorcycles so the poor urban biker idea is probably not accurate any longer.

I recently sold my 2010 bmw 535xi wagon. It was rare and had a 6 speed manual transmission. I was luck the new owner let me keep one of my plates

Attachments

• 20200412_133943.jpg
    20200412_133943.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 40
Tron

Shortly after I got my K1 one of my friends at a BMW club breakfast said, "That bike looks like the one in TRON", and the name stuck.

Attachments

• TRON Left 2-3s.JPG
    TRON Left 2-3s.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 41
Could the owners of odd plates like ryd1wd and Poodle Wagon tell us what your plate means?

Back