• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I Like Personalized Plates

MAGWA

In California, you can go on line and purchase presonalized plates for as little as $41. I did.

I purchased "LO ESTEM" and "STOP WORK", but ended up with my favorite of the three today.

Attachments

• DSC02360.JPG
    DSC02360.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 2,657
I like vanity plates too, but I don't have them because I figure they are easier for witnesses to recall.

:rolleyes

Fred

Is that $41 flat, or $41 over the regular tag fee? In TexSux they are $40 over the regular fee. Not expensive, but a slight hassle to get. The form was easy, but the tag had to be picked up from the main county TXDOT office rather than my nearby neighbourhood division. That meant a trip into downtown Dallas during biz hours. Eccchhhhh.

Personalized plates in OH can be done online at the cost of an extra 35 bucks. I dont own a car, but both of my bikes have them. LORAZ and R80ST adorn them.

Vanity thy name is plate

At some point NH used to have the highest rate of personalized plates per capita. They are no longer cheap. It doubles the registration for a bike but I love 'em here is my latest addition... :laugh

Attachments

• EBAY.jpg
    EBAY.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,538
SheRidesABeemer said:
and the only NH Plate...
I've still got my NH plate that says "ITSBOB".. my dad's is "GOARMY" .. I've now had "ITSBOB" in three states..

Now I want to try to move the ITSBOB plate to the bike and get ITSBOB2 on the truck.. but MD doesn't make it easy.. and there is a chance I could lose ITSBOB for good.

I've always wanted one, but never got one until I bought my RT. I wanted "HUBRIS" but it was already taken. I was suprised to get my second choice. Most people overlook it, but the dealer loved it.

14392039-M.jpg

All states are different......As it Should Be...

The Veg said:
Is that $41 flat, or $41 over the regular tag fee? In TexSux they are $40 over the regular fee. .

$41 initially and, I think, an additional $25 (maybe $35) per year.

California. Not cheap. Butt easy. You tell THEM which DMV office.

On the R90S: PLACZ 2B
On the K: PLACZ 2C
I suppose when my bladder gets weaker I'll get PLACZ 2P :laugh

magwa said:
In California, you can go on line and purchase presonalized plates for as little as $41. I did.

I purchased "LO ESTEM" and "STOP WORK", but ended up with my favorite of the three today.

Nice one, Magwa. My next one is gonna be NOMOW

Lessee....

The GS is KBASA
The RT is KBASAS, since we ride it together.
The RS is MRSKBSA
The VFR is SLDDOG and
The airhead is SLOWBK

:evil

the car and truck have regular plates.

Had no problem getting my vanity plate in three states.. and I ALMOST had the username in here for three weeks...

I don't know what I did.. :type

My new plates are in!! (24 Aug) then had to take the bike to Bobs for service.. they liked my truck plate, wonder if they'll like the bike plate!!
f2aa98b9.jpg

f2aa9b74.jpg

Last edited:
SheRidesABeemer said:
At some point NH used to have the highest rate of personalized plates per capita. They are no longer cheap. It doubles the registration for a bike but I love 'em here is my latest addition... :laugh
Damn if that ain't a nice looking rear end!!

plate.jpg

Was gonna get RODSTR but wife thought nobody would see Roadster and I didn't want anyone to think I was Rod Stewart.

I got turned down for BUTT STER.

I can't imagine why. I even sent them the IBA credo sheets...

Darn...

Back