• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

more mirror for a RT

Some people put GS mirrors on. They mount to the handlebars and come up and to the outside, on either side of the windscreen.

RT Mirrors

I have a 2009 RT and found that I couldn't see anything behind me when I was fully loaded with gear for touring. I solved the problem by installing
K1200RS mirrors which screwed in perfectly to mounting holes by the clutch and brake levers. If you have the holes for this on your RT you are all set. I added blind spot mirrors to the upper corner of these and they work great. Here is a link for the mirrors:

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1792

Don't forget to order the nuts and the washers for these if you choose this route. Oddly enough,
they are sold separately.

Good luck.

I have a 2009 RT and found that I couldn't see anything behind me when I was fully loaded with gear for touring. I solved the problem by installing
K1200RS mirrors which screwed in perfectly to mounting holes by the clutch and brake levers. If you have the holes for this on your RT you are all set. I added blind spot mirrors to the upper corner of these and they work great. Here is a link for the mirrors:

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1792

Don't forget to order the nuts and the washers for these if you choose this route. Oddly enough,
they are sold separately.

Good luck.

+1 Did the same with my 07 RT

Plus 1 on the K1200RS mirrors. I have had them on my 2007 RT since new. They fit perfectly and work great.

Back