• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Aux brake lights

COULTER

Hello all.
Like many of us I get very nervous when being tailgated. I'm considering adding a flashing auxiliary brake light from Hyperlite ( http://www.hyperlites.com/ ) on my 2010 R 1200RT.
I've very little electrical experience and wondering if anyone can tell me:
(a) if they have one how they like it..... and
(b) if you installed it yourself how difficult it may have been to do so it.

Many Thanks to all who reply

Coulter

Hello all.
Like many of us I get very nervous when being tailgated. I'm considering adding a flashing auxiliary brake light from Hyperlite ( http://www.hyperlites.com/ ) on my 2010 R 1200RT.

Coulter

I've installed 6 sets of HyperLites. Pretty easy to do with straight forward instructions. Will help if you have a multi-meter available.

I've installed about a dozen sets of P3 lights, on both BMW's and other brands
Jerry has very good instructions online for most bikes. Install is pretty simple, generally no more than a hour
One suggestion I always follow is to solder and shrink wrap as many of the connections as possible
Your friends will be amazed at the difference these lights make

I used the Skene Design P3 setup along with the saddlebag mounts, also wired the topbox light into the controller.. Like them a lot. Plenty of light back there now.

hyper lites

I love them. The first time I used them the car that was tailgating me backed off real quick. I also put on the modulating led's on the front. Once I came up behind a car and the car pulled over and the driver was reaching for his wallet. I had just seen him get on a major road without stopping at a stop sign.

http://www.hyperlites.com/hyperwhite.html

I added Hyperlites for the same reason.....tailgaters! They now stay well back of me when I flash them! I am very happy with the results. I am no electrician but they are an easy install especially if you go ahead and install a Fuzeblock.

Lights

I added Hyperlites for the same reason.....tailgaters! They now stay well back of me when I flash them! I am very happy with the results. I am no electrician but they are an easy install especially if you go ahead and install a Fuzeblock.

i AM an electrician !!! I have Hyperlites and a flashing LED brake light. I do not get tailgated. Most are easy to install.:clap

I've been eyeing a set of Hyperlites flashing brake lights for a while. Which flash pattern do y'all think is most effective?

BMW aux light

I have Hyperlights on two of my bikes and have the BMW Aux lighting on the RT.
I like the BMW light because it was a very clean install and looks 'right' on the back of the RT.

No problems with hyperlights on either of the other two bikes, just thought I'd try the OE lighting on the RT.

Hyper Lights

I've installed Hyper Lights on a couple of my bikes and the install was easy with their very
thorough instructions. One thing I would add about Hyper Lights is that the guys at the
company are a pleasure to deal with........customer satisfaction is very important to them.
I had half a bank of my Hyper Lights fail this spring from an original install that had been done in 2009.
I called them, they didn't ask how long I'd had them and sent me a free replacement for
that bank of lights, no problem. I had them in 3 days and were on the bike and working perfectly
in about 10 minutes. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of Hyper Lights!

Hyperlites

Hello all.

Coulter

I love them. I had the dealer install them on a new bike last fall. One time when I put my brakes on the tailgater backed off very quickly. I wonder if he thought I was a cop. I have a '13 Rt aniv. special.

Back