Thread: What sidecar rig is in the Sprint Framily plan cellphone commercial?

BruceRT

What sidecar rig is in the Sprint Framily plan cellphone commercial?

There is a Sprint Framily plan cellphone commercial currently airing that shows a boxer twin sidecar rig belching smoke. Is it a Beemer? It looks old and the valve covers are black and flat. Those valve covers do not look BMW-ish.
    Bruce
    2005 R1200RT (It's new to me!)
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If you are not continuously learning, you are slowly getting bored.

I think it is an early Dnepr, Russian made motorcycle. Copy of a WWll era BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by bdimon View Post
    There is a Sprint Framily plan cellphone commercial currently airing that shows a boxer twin sidecar rig belching smoke. Is it a Beemer? It looks old and the valve covers are black and flat. Those valve covers do not look BMW-ish.
    Valve covers flat but finned & looked like silver or bare alu castings to me.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Chinese copy. sometimes sold as old BMW's on Ebay.

http://www.chang-jiang.com/bmw/welcome.html#CJ750

Yeah, looks like a Chang Jiang flattie. Russians copied the Germans, Chinese copied the Russians.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

I'm remembering when the Chinese started copying the Delta power tools ~1970's and not so long after the tools were made there by Delta-on purpose. Watch for the "made in" label on future BMW's... like my "Rotax"?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

The only time I've seen a rear tire smoke like that was at a Sturgis barbeque!