Thread: BMW Motorcycle Mechanic

BMW Motorcycle Mechanic

I live upstate NY, Albany area, and am looking for a place to bring my K1200RS for service. My local dealer just went out of business. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Heids BMW/Hodaka

Where in upstate NY are you? I 'm in Guilderland and have the same dilema you do...

I've had my bike serviced at Heids BMW/Hodaka in Johnsburg, NY which is located about 1.5 hours north of Albany.

They are no longer a licensed BMW dealer since they didn't want to sink the money into the BMW look - just wanted to take care of the customer... What a novel idea???

Anyway, call Terry Heid at 251-2110 and she can give you directions. VERY NICE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH!!!

Jeff Guntert
    97 K1100LT 18k
    Guilderland, NY
    Jeff Guntert
    Schenectady, NY
    97 K1100LTB

Thanks Jeff I know about the place you mentioned. I live in East Glenville right off Rte 50 and was curious if their was someplace closer in case of a mechanical problem.

1.5 hours away

Canton BMW now in Winsted, CT is probably less than 1.5 hrs from Albany. I go by it (at the intesection of Rt. 44 and Rt. 8) on my way to the Adirondacks. Amsterdam is 3 hours from home and Winsted is about 45 min. And it's some nice riding, too!

MarkF

Thanks for some reason I thought they were further away from Albany.