Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: TPS Alignment, Idle Speed Adjustment: Beyond Zero=Zero

Denny,

That means one of two things: either, you need to carefully clean the TBs and BBS ports, or if youíre positive that the ports are fully cleaned and unobstructed, perform step 1.5 of the above linked procedure.

Roger

I believe you hit the nail on the head. I went back and re-did everything step by step and idle is now at 1100-ish and Iím very happy. I usually ride to work so Iíll see how she runs tomorrow. Thanks for all the efforts you have put into making our Oilheads continue to run well!

Dennyhttps://www.facebook.com/779414374/p...379375?sfns=mo

Quote Originally Posted by dennyd View Post
    I believe you hit the nail on the head. I went back and re-did everything step by step and idle is now at 1100-ish and I’m very happy. I usually ride to work so I’ll see how she runs tomorrow. Thanks for all the efforts you have put into making our Oilheads continue to run well!

Nicely done Denny!
    Because the Motronic measures the TPS angle in tenths of a degree, your precision is rewarded. You’ve now adjusted your TPS and TB such that they are aligned to the expectations of the Motronic. You’ll have better idle and better starting.

Tps

Quote Originally Posted by dennyd View Post
    I believe you hit the nail on the head. I went back and re-did everything step by step and idle is now at 1100-ish and Iím very happy. I usually ride to work so Iíll see how she runs tomorrow. Thanks for all the efforts you have put into making our Oilheads continue to run well!

Many of us Oilhead riders owe a deep gratitude to Roger and his meticulous research.

RPGR90s

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGR90s View Post
    Many of us Oilhead riders owe a deep gratitude to Roger and his meticulous research.
    Ditto.

Cheers Roger!
    '
    Ufda happens..........

Need your R11xx Hall sensor rewired? PM me.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGR90s View Post

RPGR90s
    Besides Roger, there are a few others who contribute hugely to the betterment of both our bikes and this forum. I hesitate to name names for fear of leaving someone out. You know who you are. I will, however, include Happy Wanderer in this esteemed list.