Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2011 R1200RT GPS mounting bracket

  1. #1

    2011 R1200RT GPS mounting bracket

    I just purchased a 2011 r 1200 RT. it came with a factory GPS mount. Will the Garmin zumo 395 work in this mount? It does not have to interface with the bike in any way beyond power. I'm just looking for a place to power and mount the GPS.

    The Navigator V is way to expensive. If it only works with the navigator v how difficult is it to remove the bracket? It looks like I have to go down inside the dash to unplug it.

    Thanks
    In your helmet no one can hear you sing.

    IBA#61520

  2. #2
    i should be out riding! wyman.winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Solvang, CA
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by babbitt View Post
    I just purchased a 2011 r 1200 RT. it came with a factory GPS mount. Will the Garmin zumo 395 work in this mount? It does not have to interface with the bike in any way beyond power. I'm just looking for a place to power and mount the GPS.

    The Navigator V is way to expensive. If it only works with the navigator v how difficult is it to remove the bracket? It looks like I have to go down inside the dash to unplug it.

    Thanks
    The Nav V is a Garmin product...i would suspect the 396 would hook right up...
    ~wyman~


    2013 BMW R1200RT - Sassy - Fluid Grey Metallic

  3. #3
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,289
    Quote Originally Posted by babbitt View Post
    I just purchased a 2011 r 1200 RT. it came with a factory GPS mount.
    Do you have the mount on the right or the locking mount on the left?

    bmw-locking-gps-mount-vs-non-locking-mount.jpg

    Not sure how the curved back of the 395 will work with the locking mount.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  4. #4
    In your helmet no one can hear you sing.

    IBA#61520

  5. #5
    Registered User lkraus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,588
    The 395 mount looks quite different:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/gjiBiu14VbdmZMvH7

    It also only has two electrical contacts, which do not match the locations of those on the BMW mount.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    The 395 mount looks quite different:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/gjiBiu14VbdmZMvH7

    It also only has two electrical contacts, which do not match the locations of those on the BMW mount.
    Ok thank you

    Tom
    In your helmet no one can hear you sing.

    IBA#61520

  7. #7
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,289
    Another option is to watch for a used Nav V or Nav IV on the ADV site. https://advrider.com/f/
    Used Nav Vs sell in the $300 to $375 range.
    Nav IV sell under $300.

    There's a Nav IV with a 4 button mount like yours for sale for $275 shipped.
    You could sell the mount if you don't need a 2nd one.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/bmw-n...mount.1391803/
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Another option is to watch for a used Nav V or Nav IV on the ADV site. https://advrider.com/f/
    Used Nav Vs sell in the $300 to $375 range.
    Nav IV sell under $300.

    There's a Nav IV with a 4 button mount like yours for sale for $275 shipped.
    You could sell the mount if you don't need a 2nd one.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/bmw-n...mount.1391803/
    Thank you, I just sent him a PM.

    Tom
    In your helmet no one can hear you sing.

    IBA#61520

Similar Threads

  1. smartphone mounting bracket
    By tibork in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2019, 01:41 PM
  2. Vetter Fairing Mounting Bracket for /7 on /5?
    By BFURIOUSB in forum Airheads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 04:16 PM
  3. Missing trunk mounting bracket
    By Jpony56hd in forum Flying Brick K-bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 02:06 AM
  4. K100 luggage mounting bracket screws
    By mwade in forum Flying Brick K-bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •