• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mt. St. Helens Ride?

daddoz777

Western Washington riders! My wife and I will be doing a day ride to the Mt. St. Helens observation center and possibly also checking out the Ape Caves. Possible dates (all Saturdays):

Jul 06
Aug 09
Aug 23

This is a beautiful ride and awesome view of the mountain so let me know who's interested, if you have any questions and what date works best!

Dan

Dan
Would love to do an August ride BUT I will be on an Alaska trip August 1 - August 30. Maybe somewhere in September as well?
Keith

My wife and I were touring in the Gifford Pinchot Forest on the east side, in June of last year, and the road to Spirit Lake was closed. Does it have limited open times?

It's nice in September. Less traffic also...

Windy Ridge in September.

Wow, great pics! Yeah, September would be just great. We just got back from a trip to Northern California to visit some friends. We had to come home two days early because of forest fires as they were beginning to evacuate the town and we had to leave. Again, if anybody's interested please let me know. If I don't hear back we will just pic a date and go anyway. Later.... Dan

Wow, great pics! Yeah, September would be just great. We just got back from a trip to Northern California to visit some friends. We had to come home two days early because of forest fires as they were beginning to evacuate the town and we had to leave. Again, if anybody's interested please let me know. If I don't hear back we will just pic a date and go anyway. Later.... Dan

Thanks...
Just pick a time and go... Perhaps set a start point for others to meet at at a certain time... We used Charlies in Enumclaw... "Meet at X:XX am and leave at 9AM..." So if ya wanted breakfast or what not you can plan accordingly... :brow

This will gitcha to Windy Ridge...

Hey! We're neighbors. We (wife & I) live in Delphi area outside Oly. I'm interested in riding to St Helens but I'm laid up now with an issue. Hoping to ride again soon like later September. Hope it works.
By the way there's lots of great rides down your way - Gerrad Cr rd, Independence rd, Bunker Cr rd, etc.
-don

We have set Saturday, September 13 as the day (weather permitting). I will post a little later once I figure out some specifics. Hopefully it will be a great ride and a chance to meet new people!

Hey! We're neighbors. We (wife & I) live in Delphi area outside Oly. I'm interested in riding to St Helens but I'm laid up now with an issue. Hoping to ride again soon like later September. Hope it works.
By the way there's lots of great rides down your way - Gerrad Cr rd, Independence rd, Bunker Cr rd, etc.
-don

Don, I'd love to hook up sometime. Let me know!

Dan

My wife and I were touring in the Gifford Pinchot Forest on the east side, in June of last year, and the road to Spirit Lake was closed. Does it have limited open times?

Sometimes they open later due to the winter clean ups... Some are easier than others... I've seen it open as late as July because of all the blowdowns...
There's a website showing the current status of FS roads... Google it... :type

Sometimes they open later due to the winter clean ups... Some are easier than others... I've seen it open as late as July because of all the blowdowns...
There's a website showing the current status of FS roads... Google it... :type

Thanks. :thumb

13th sounds good

Keith:

Let's meet in Winlock for breakfast at 9:00 on the morning of the 13th; you pick a place. How does that sound? There will probably be a few other riders join us.

Dan

Dan
Winlock restaurants are closed:-(. How about Spiffy's @ 9:00 on the 13th? Exit 68. We can take several routes to St Helens from there. Look forward to it.
Keith

Hi,

How did the ride go? I just saw this post or I would have considered joining you guys.

Chris
Washougal, WA

Back