Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What's your strangest or funniest interaction with a motorist?

I in the Summers I ride to Brooklyn to visit my daughter

Always wanted to go back to the West Coast via between Lake Superior and the other next to it. Unfortunately there is always some darn storm.

This one time , I looked on the weather ch.: a clear upcoming sunny day. I am excited. I pack my then K16 and get it ready to head out. Next morning , all full of joyful expectations, I get up early am...just for the hell of it, I turn on the Weather Ch and I see pics of an on going 90 mph windy storm, overturning cars.

...and that was my last attempt to ride between the Lakes
    "...whether is clear to you or not, the universe is unfolding as it should"

Can't remember if I posted this.
    Back in the '70s, someone walked up to my R90, within a foot of the tank and said
    "beautiful bike. What is it, a Harley?"

I have a grey roadcrafter with hi-vis accents and a silver helmet.
    Sitting a light, a car pulls up no a little kid in the back seat yells “mom, it’s a Power Ranger, it’s a Power Ranger”
    Totally made my day
    The pen is mightier than the sword….unless some one is trying to stab you with the sword….then it’s the sword…..definitely the sword

I had a HD rider ask me "what are those things sticking out", pointing down at my airhead cylinders. I said "my cylinders"

He said "well how do you go around corners"

I said "follow me & see if you can keep up"
    Ambassador Emeritus BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    Niagara Riders
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    I have a grey roadcrafter with hi-vis accents and a silver helmet.
    Sitting a light, a car pulls up no a little kid in the back seat yells “mom, it’s a Power Ranger, it’s a Power Ranger”
    Totally made my day
    And made the KID’S day!
    2021 R1250GS Triple Black
    Previous: 2012 F650GS

So I go into a fast food place for lunch and when I reach the counter, carrying my helmet and clad in my leather jacket (brown - not even black!) I'm staring down at a lady about 80-years old or more and no more than 4'10" or so in height. Now, I'm hardly the picture of a "bad-arsed biker", but I guess she'd seen too may bad biker movies - the look on her face as I sat my helmet on the counter was one of actual fear. This was gonna be a tough one. So I said "Hello, how are you today, ma'am?". She managed to get out a whispered "okay" and I ordered my food. She told me the amount and as she handed me my change I said "Thank you, ma'am" and dropped the change in the charity jar that was there. Soon my food was there and I told her "Thank you ma'am, you have a nice day". Well, she broke into a huge smile and said "You are very welcome". Hopefully I managed a little change of heart that day.
    jZ
    There is some perverse beauty about being up in the air looking down at your bike during a high-side get-off.

I have the distinct pleasure of being able to lane split here in California. As I commute daily 60 mi round trip, I get to do it a lot. During the summer, I occasionally see young women passengers with their feet poking out the passenger window. I like to give them a tap as I go by. I've scored 5 or 6 taps over the course of the past few years. It's my motorcycle fetish.