Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Logging in to forums again a problem!

I am still having the problem . . . so I am assuming the forum hasn't gotten it fixed!

I don't have the option any longer of trying to log on using someone else's computer.

My logon is remembered for the main site, but for the "Forums & Flea Market) I have to re-enter my name and password each time I visit!

Please get this fixed - what a pain in the @#$$%%%^ !!!
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylee View Post
    I am still having the problem . . . so I am assuming the forum hasn't gotten it fixed!

I don't have the option any longer of trying to log on using someone else's computer.

My logon is remembered for the main site, but for the "Forums & Flea Market) I have to re-enter my name and password each time I visit!

Please get this fixed - what a pain in the @#$$%%%^ !!!
    Not the forum, if it was, there would be a line a hundred deep with the same complaint.
    If you were closer, I would come over and, most likely, get you squared away pretty quick.
    Please review this thread as along with info from the Mod Team, some of the members have proved viable cures.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Not the forum, if it was, there would be a line a hundred deep with the same complaint.
    If you were closer, I would come over and, most likely, get you squared away pretty quick.
    Please review this thread as along with info from the Mod Team, some of the members have proved viable cures.
    OM
    I disagree with your above assessment. There were quite a few others who had problems - all when there was a software issue on YOUR end! I think those managing the forum software had some sort of upgrade.

I have monitored the thread and did try every suggestion posted with the exception of trying to log on using someone else's computer, which I do not have access to.

The way I see it, the issue is on your end and hence the burden of correcting!!

Nothing on my end changed - no new computer, no new log on location, etc. It worked one day, and the next it didn't.

I can still get on, but it is a hassle!
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

I disagree with your above assessment. There were quite a few others who had problems - all when there was a software issue on YOUR end! I think those managing the forum software had some sort of upgrade.

I have monitored the thread and did try every suggestion posted with the exception of trying to log on using someone else's computer, which I do not have access to.

Nothing on my end changed - no new computer, no new log on location, etc. It worked one day, and the next it didn't.

For me, it's just the same as Jimmy describes. On my PC, no problems it remembers and logs on. On my laptop though, having gotten rid of cookies and other recommended "stuff", it remembers me as I enter the first letter of my "name"...........that's it..........God bless........Dennis

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I disagree with your above assessment.
    That OK, I don't mind that you disagree.
    There were quite a few others who had problems - all when there was a software issue on YOUR end! I think those managing the forum software had some sort of upgrade.
    Yes things change when there is an up grade as the "slate" is cleaned. If we had an upgrade tonight, everyone would have to login in the morning as the "slate" has been cleaned. If you have a public library nearby, try a logon from there and see how it works out.

You mentioned that you had forgotten your password, as others have-

Thankfully, I say, as I can't even remember my logon password since I haven't had to use it for over a year!

Jimmylee
    Have you resolved that issue?

I really can't correct your computer as you live too far from me.
    Exactly, you need to have something changed (most likely) on your end as this all points to your computer remembering "old/outdated" information. "Fresh/current" information is important to allow the forum software to recognize your computer. If your login starts to fill itself in as you type, your computer has the "old" login information....RE-
    Quote Originally Posted by BCKRider View Post
    When you get the "you are a guest" business and try to log on, I suspect when you type even a part of your user name you quickly have alternatives that include your full user name. Click on it. Next, HIGHLIGHT ALL THOSE DOTS IN THE PASSWORD BOX AND DELETE THEM. THEN TYPE IN YOUR PASSWORD. FINALLY, CLICK THE "REMEMBER ME" BOX BEFORE ENTERING.

This is NOT an explanation of why you are often "remembered" - but sometimes not; I just don't know. It seems that the password box doesn't automatically clear after a failed attempt to log on. The above is an explanation of what allowed me to post this. Hope it is helpful.
    And-
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
    Same problem after update.
    Problem cleared after deleting cookies and then repeating log in and remember me box (new cookies)
    Browser : Safari Version 7.0.6

Other forums running similar software have also had same problem and solution.

Nod and a thanks to forum admins.

It's nothing personal, it's just old information (most likely), and I say most likely as there are a couple of other minor possibilities.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Certainly people have had problems. Maybe they finally gave up and haven't come back. But I'm sure a fair number of those having problems would continue to post about their issues and/or call the office. But that hasn't been happening.

As Gary is suggesting, for so few to be posting their issues, while it may be something that change on "our" end, in the end, a vast majority of people have not had a continuing issue. Therefore, the user's end also has to be changed and once done appropriately, it shouldn't be a problem.

Other than a minor reset, for the 2-3 devices that I use to connect with the forum, I basically had to do nothing other than to relogin and "remember me".
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Jimmy -

Ted Moyer has made himself very available for forum/membership troubles. If you're still frustrated and having problems, check out this post:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....l=1#post956117
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!