• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Logging in to forums again a problem!

SCBuckeye

I know there is a existing forum location for this kind of discussion, but I looked there, tried that, and am still perplexed. When I log in to the MOA website, I am properly recognized as a regular user - I had checked the box "Remember me?" at one time and that part has worked.

However, now, everyday for the past month, everytime I come to the Forums, the recognition does not carry over. Problem!! Further frustrating is the fact that I regularly re-log-on in the Forum section, check the "Remember me?" box. Works great for that session, but the next day same thing over and over now!

What gives?

I read the suggestion about deleting cookies and I know how to do that, but I don't want to mess up the initial log-on where the MOA site does recognize me.

Does anyone know for sure what the file names are for the cookies that govern the FORUM section of the website?

Help appreciated!

Thanks!

By MOA site- do you mean homepage? If so- the homepage and forum are different so with the upgrade, the forum "cookie" doesn't match. If you want you can go through your "cookies" and delete just the forum and start over.
This is easy to test- just go to a computer you don't normally use and try the login........just remember to log out to prevent a "logged in" computer from sitting around.
OM

Agree - this has been a new, recent problem for me as well. I'm running Safari on a Mac and hadn't had the problem previously.

Agree - this has been a new, recent problem for me as well. I'm running Safari on a Mac and hadn't had the problem previously.
After we had the upgrade a couple of weeks back, when you came to the forum you should have seen the guest messages- requiring you to enter your user name and password. If that was done, and you checked the remember box, you should be fine.
As you are on now you could try using the log out button in the upper right and close out of the forum entirely. When you come back on, try the above procedure and see what happens.
OM

After we had the upgrade a couple of weeks back, when you came to the forum you should have seen the guest messages- requiring you to enter your user name and password. If that was done, and you checked the remember box, you should be fine.
As you are on now you could try using the log out button in the upper right and close out of the forum entirely. When you come back on, try the above procedure and see what happens.
OM

I saw the discussion in another thread similar to this one, deleted the MOA cookie, and restarted my computer - having previously logged into the Forum and asked it to remember me, it did in fact remember me when I just rebooted my computer. So there must have been something that happened when you updated Forum software that requires some of us to delete the cookie in order to remain logged in.

I saw the discussion in another thread similar to this one, deleted the MOA cookie, and restarted my computer - having previously logged into the Forum and asked it to remember me, it did in fact remember me when I just rebooted my computer. So there must have been something that happened when you updated Forum software that requires some of us to delete the cookie in order to remain logged in.

I had to clear cookies this week in order to get the forum to remember me.

Glad you guys are all set :thumb
The "cookie" contains the (roughly explained) the info to associate you computer to the site- Mac or PC, browser and info so the sites can "mesh"...The upgrade resets this for some becomes a problem as either the "cookie" doesn't match or a second "cookie" is added confusing the process.
Enjoy the forum.
Gary

OM

This seems to have worked! I will have to leave for a time (few hours or so and see then) but logging off, the then re-logging back on just worked at this session!

Thanks!

This seems to have worked! I will have to leave for a time (few hours or so and see then) but logging off, the then re-logging back on just worked at this session!

Thanks!

I guess I spoke too soon! I just connected up to the MOA main page - no problem as before.

However when I went to the "FORUM" section, I was treated as a guest, not a member. So . . . I guess logging off and back on as I did yesterday, didn't solve the problem!

Home page is a login with cookie.
Forum is login (another) with cookie.
Sorta two different databases.
OM

Still not being remembered

OK. I have done everything I have been told - deleting cookies and such, with no positive results.

I still can't get on to the forum section without re-logging on each time?

Can't this be fixed?

OK. I have done everything I have been told - deleting cookies and such, with no positive results.

I still can't get on to the forum section without re-logging on each time?

Yup...YUP.................same song 35th verse.....but ya know....Glad we are here, breathing, and able to talk at all..........God bless..........Dennis

I just wonder when someone will "own" up to this problem!

It happened about a year ago, now again. Gets frustrating!

Not sure what to say guys... My "go-to-guy" Ted Moyer is really tied up at the rally. I have no magic bullets in my belt. It really has to be an individual problem I think. I'm OK with saved logins on three different systems - Win7 desktop, Win8 notebook, and Android smartphone. All three remember me each time...I did nothing special to make that happen, just logged in and checked the box.

So, until the rally is over, I'm not sure what can be done. :dunno

I just wonder when someone will "own" up to this problem!

It happened about a year ago, now again. Gets frustrating!
Easy there Jimmy, the problem is just with a few. If you were closer, I would have you bring your computer over and get you going.
If this were a complete forum problem, every Member who visits would have the problem- nothing to "own up to".
If you know someone else who has a computer, try logging on from there. That will help you know that it has nothing to do with your login credentials. If there is a problem, please take careful notes and let us know were the problem started.
OM

Easy there Jimmy, the problem is just with a few. If you were closer, I would have you bring your computer over and get you going.
If this were a complete forum problem, every Member who visits would have the problem- nothing to "own up to".
If you know someone else who has a computer, try logging on from there. That will help you know that it has nothing to do with your login credentials. If there is a problem, please take careful notes and let us know were the problem started.
OM

That being said, NOTHING changed on my end. It had been reported enough by enough people to justify the notion that it is not MY problem! It started about 3 weeks ago and still no resolution.

It MAY be that you can "fix" the problem on my computer, but that is begging the question as to why and how it happened in the first place.

I HAVE tried all suggestions (including deleting all my cookies) and still no "workie."

Something changed a few weeks ago as indicated by others, on the MOA end of things. What changed?

The forum had a V-Bulliten version up-date/up-grade to bring it up to date with bug fixes and security up-dates.
Have you tried the login from another computer suggestion yet? That would help us understand the goings on.
OM

The forum had a V-Bulliten version up-date/up-grade to bring it up to date with bug fixes and security up-dates.
Have you tried the login from another computer suggestion yet? That would help us understand the goings on.
OM

I will try that, as you suggest, when I can find someone who has a computer AND the ability to log on to internet. Presently I am re-locating, and don't have internet at home (yet) and don't have anyone to go to, to try your suggestion. I can see if the office computer at work will allow me. I will check on Monday.

Thanks,

Back