• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Online Issues

Finally got in.. I put my member # in and then my old password.. and voila.. Wouldnt let me in any other way.. I'm sure others are being frustrated as well

This far but no farther

OK, after many, many attempts I managed to get logged in by "forgetting" my password and using the new assigned P/W number. But, like einnar, I can't log in to the secure services area in order to change the password. I've tried using the assigned P/W number and it tells me my "login or password is incorrect or expired." I've tried the default (member # and name/zip) and all that does is endlessly return me to the login screen.

John

John Brase said:
OK, after many, many attempts I managed to get logged in by "forgetting" my password and using the new assigned P/W number. But, like einnar, I can't log in to the secure services area in order to change the password. I've tried using the assigned P/W number and it tells me my "login or password is incorrect or expired." I've tried the default (member # and name/zip) and all that does is endlessly return me to the login screen.
John

That's the same problem I've been having.. I even went to the "Reset Password" are at the bottom of the secure services area and tried to do it there.. I entered in the same email used to reset the password on the forum. In the secure services area it tells me that the email addr. is invalid.. :violin

I am guessing since I have the same problem that it is within the server. I have faith that the guys will have it straightened out soon. If you depended on me to get this new server up and running, you would be finding a new forum to browse.

Mark11LT said:
finally got in, (had to kinda trick out the system but oh well.)

it was like in high school you and all your friends go to a bar and your the only one that gets carded and you have to go and sit in the car and you can see them inside having fun and your stuck outside and then you get drunk on the bottle of peach schnapps and then you puke in the back seat of the car and then you walk home and then your buddy calls you the next day and then asks if you were the one who puked in his backseat and then you say "what happened, dude wasn't me"
Something like clearing the garage at the Solsitce Ride. :stick

T-Bone said:
That's the same problem I've been having.. I even went to the "Reset Password" are at the bottom of the secure services area and tried to do it there.. I entered in the same email used to reset the password on the forum. In the secure services area it tells me that the email addr. is invalid.. :violin

Me too :banghead

Did all you folks having problems actually clear out all your cookies? That is what was killing my sessions.
I'm using Netscape (sorta OLD Mozilla) 7.2

:bolt

goferu

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated. This was horrible trying to log on to this site and I'm a card carrying member. What happened to the 3 day up and running talk y'al walked? Also, I was so dismayed to have the rules of this club put in such a fashion...Sounded like big brother is gonna pull the plug on me if I get out of line...wassssssssssssssssssssss up with that? Now I haven't sworn or taken punches at any one person here...I don't mind rules and think we need them. And I will follow them as they are laid out but who is going to monitor the monitor?

goferu said:
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated. This was horrible trying to log on to this site and I'm a card carrying member. What happened to the 3 day up and running talk y'al walked? Also, I was so dismayed to have the rules of this club put in such a fashion...Sounded like big brother is gonna pull the plug on me if I get out of line...wassssssssssssssssssssss up with that? Now I haven't sworn or taken punches at any one person here...I don't mind rules and think we need them. And I will follow them as they are laid out but who is going to monitor the monitor?

There were a lot of parts to put together and some weren't able to be tested until we'd moved everything together. It wasn't what we'd hoped for, but when a project is complex, things can happen that aren't anticipated.

The forum has been up and running for a couple years now. If you look in the Doghouse, you'll see that there aren't more than a dozen threads in there. We let people talk. We let them talk a long time. Sometimes, threads get so wound up that it helps to let people take a day off, catch their breath and think a bit. That's what we did with the ON thread. There are a couple running again, but without the vitriol of the previous one. The brief time out was a good thing for folks, it would appear.

Monitor the monitor? I'm not sure what you mean. At some point, you're going to have to trust people. I think we err on the side of letting things go here.

Ride safely!

dave

I have the same problem

I have the same problem that many of you have. I can get on the forum but can't get into secure services. Sandee worked with me for several days last week but it still won't let me in.
I've cleared cookies and caches, tried two different browsers, etc. I also get the message that my email address doesn't match the records if I try the reset password feature.
I'm sure that they will eventually get the bugs out but it's a PITA in the mean-time.
At least, I'm able to get on the forum. For that, I'm a happy camper. :type

I can get in the forum just fine, but still have no luck in getting to secure services. It is an endless loop of log in screens, no matter what I try. Not that I need anything from the country store, but It would be nice to be able to put in a password I can remember.

Missing smilies....

BradfordBenn said:
We are working on it.
Whatever happened to the little bowing twerp over on the smilies page? You know, the little blue guy..."I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy!" - it was a favourite of mine and is the only smilie missing from the page - at least on my version of the page.
All it shows now is ":bow" ` ` ` :dunno ` ` ` Is he comin' back sometime?
Thanks.

lorazepam said:
I can get in the forum just fine, but still have no luck in getting to secure services. It is an endless loop of log in screens, no matter what I try. Not that I need anything from the country store, but It would be nice to be able to put in a password I can remember.

Sent you a PM.

I have the same problem

I have the exact same problem with the endless circular screens directing me to secure services (which I'm never able to get to

Me too !
Logged on on desktop, OK, set new password.
Logged in on laptop, had to start over but I got in, set new password-same as before.
Back to desktop, can't get in, will not e-mail me.
Back to laptop, Can get in. Go to change my password but I can't get into secure area with password or default pass word. Will not e-mail me.
I must have cookies on my laptop because I get in.
This is annoying.

Update

Today (Tuesday) it let's me change my password and even recognizes my email address if I use the reset password feature...................but, after changing the password and it accepts it, if I log out and try to log back in with the new password, it refuses to recognize it. However, it accepts the old password that it accepted before I changed it. Interesting. :lurk

The development folks are watching this and are working on the problem.

Thanks for your continuing patience, folks.

Back