• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Online Issues

einnar

I can get in the forum, but can't sign into the secure services section.
:banghead

I went through and did all the password reset dancing that the site seems to requre now, and STILL can't get into secure services. (but I can log into the forum and post..)

Umm.. help? What am I doing wrong? Which instructions am I not reading? :D

(Oh, and the site seems MUCH faster now, good work! :) )

Hmmm being that they use the same authentication this makes me go hmmmm. Can I ask you to clear your cookies and try again?

Cleared them ....... same results .......... message received = Your login or password is incorrect or has expired

Jeff

Hmmm Jeff, have you tried reseting your password by saying you forgot it.

Sam, you should be able to use the same log in both places. Hmmm, I will need to go in search of a little more. Also the team is already working on new skins for the forum that should help.

Ok I'm in ........... Near as I can figure if you logged into the forum first did all the gobadygook required (password and log in screens) then you donÔÇÖt need to use the default login (member # and zip) just use your forum login and password. Worked for me

Jeff
:clap

I had similar problems; to add to them, every email I sent regarding the problem bounced. I couldn't even post.

Now I'm in with my username and old log in. I guess it's just growing pains.

The site looks great. Thanks to all concerned for all the hard work. :dance

When I attempt to send an email to anyone@bmwmoa.org, it bounces with the following message:

Recipient: <Updates@bmwmoa.org>
Reason: 5.7.1 <Updates@bmwmoa.org>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

What can I do to resolve this annoyance? I need to get in touch with folks.

TM

SNC 1923 said:
When I attempt to send an email to anyone@bmwmoa.org, it bounces with the following message:

Recipient: <Updates@bmwmoa.org>
Reason: 5.7.1 <Updates@bmwmoa.org>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

What can I do to resolve this annoyance? I need to get in touch with folks.

TM

Give it time. After I tell the servers that mail needs to get routed through a certain IP address, it can take more than 48 hours for the change to become global. Until it gets fully resolved, mail can bounce and funny error messages can be generated.

Cleared my cookies, reset my password, tried my membership number, forum login, you name it.. I can't get into secure services.

I decided to try the password reset button when the "preassigned" password thing didn't work. That was the secret to my success. You can see there are about 10 members/ 90 guests. Little frustrating, but not as bad as the "down for construction" message.

knary said:
Give it time. After I tell the servers that mail needs to get routed through a certain IP address, it can take more than 48 hours for the change to become global. Until it gets fully resolved, mail can bounce and funny error messages can be generated.

I guess my aggravation/frustration reveals just how much I love this forum and what an important part of each day it is. Patience is not my strong suit; thanks for the reminder to chill out and give it time. I'm sure it will all be good.
:type

finally got in, (had to kinda trick out the system but oh well.)

it was like in high school you and all your friends go to a bar and your the only one that gets carded and you have to go and sit in the car and you can see them inside having fun and your stuck outside and then you get drunk on the bottle of peach schnapps and then you puke in the back seat of the car and then you walk home and then your buddy calls you the next day and then asks if you were the one who puked in his backseat and then you say "what happened, dude wasn't me"

Mark11LT said:
finally got in, (had to kinda trick out the system but oh well.)

it was like in high school you and all your friends go to a bar and your the only one that gets carded and you have to go and sit in the car and you can see them inside having fun and your stuck outside and then you get drunk on the bottle of peach schnapps and then you puke in the back seat of the car and then you walk home and then your buddy calls you the next day and then asks if you were the one who puked in his backseat and then you say "what happened, dude wasn't me"

I really missed you Mark and all your wisdom. :buds

Hmmmm

Prob I'm having is that when I go to the new secure area and login with my membership number and default password it forces me to change it..

Fine but Heloooooooooo, I'm typing the exact same password I just logged in with (default) into the old password section and it's telling me it's invalid.. :drink

T-Bone said:
Prob I'm having is that when I go to the new secure area and login with my membership number and default password it forces me to change it..

Fine but Heloooooooooo, I'm typing the exact same password I just logged in with (default) into the old password section and it's telling me it's invalid.. :drink

Is it less than 6 characters or does it include something other than A-Z or 0-9?

knary said:
Is it less than 6 characters or does it include something other than A-Z or 0-9?

It's saying my original one is wrong.. The one that is the combo of the last name and the zip code.. It works to get me in far enough to change it but then no-go..

T-Bone said:
It's saying my original one is wrong.. The one that is the combo of the last name and the zip code.. It works to get me in far enough to change it but then no-go..
Hmmm...it appears that you did successfully update your password (I can see that it was updated, not what it is) as far as the forum and the 'regular' site is concerned. What happens if you use this password on the secure services?

knary said:
Hmmm...it appears that you did successfully update your password (I can see that it was updated, not what it is) as far as the forum and the 'regular' site is concerned. What happens if you use this password on the secure services?

:brad Nopers.. I tried my memb number and the default lnamezip and the temp one I got from VB when I reset it and I can't get in.. This is not the VB area I'm having problems with.. It's the secure login at bsci :brad

T-Bone said:
:brad Nopers.. I tried my memb number and the default lnamezip and the temp one I got from VB when I reset it and I can't get in.. This is not the VB area I'm having problems with.. It's the secure login at bsci :brad

It seems a LOT faster BUTT it took me about 4 tries to get in. Brad posted the IP address (since www.bmwmoa.org is still dead in some areas) and it took me to the secure area first thing. I entered my old password (I had previously verified my member # and password were good about 3 weeks ago) and it knew who I was. I tried to enter the forums and it puked. :dunno
Next I deleted ALL the cookies I had stored for bmwmoa AND the IP address 72.3.249.89 I went back to the site via the IP and tried to enter the forums, no luck. I used 4 of my 5 attempts to get in. Next I went to the secure area and tried the last name/zip for the password and my member # as my login name. No luck. Next I told it to RESET my password and mail it to me.
About 3 minutes later I get a link to change my password. I plugged in my new chosen password (chosen by ME not them) and it let me in. I then signed into the Forums successfully.

The good news is that all this happened REALLY fast compared to the old site. :hug

Back