• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RV Special Entrance at Rally?

Please stand by and I'll have an answer for you tomorrow...............

Working on adding another entrance to the Fairgrounds and we will have an answer for you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Travel Safe,
P

RV's at rally

Never saw a reason why RV's are allowed at a motorcycle rally. If you want to attend why not get a motel? I am sure there are those who will take offense to this but if you want to drive your RV why not attend an RV rally? I guess it is also a way to show the other rally attendees a level of affluence that some like to advertise. Also, ever heard of a carbon footprint?

Fiordmann -

Well you may never have seen the reason for an RV but others have. I don't own one but many do...it's a way for the family to go on vacation together...much easier to do that than put everyone on motorcycles. Don't motels have a carbon footprint associated with them? Maybe we should all camp?? Maybe these RV folks are attending an RV rally as well as the MOA rally this summer.

This whole thing is a personal choice and I don't think we need to be knocking someone else's way of enjoying themselves.

Never saw a reason why RV's are allowed at a motorcycle rally. If you want to attend why not get a motel? I am sure there are those who will take offense to this but if you want to drive your RV why not attend an RV rally? I guess it is also a way to show the other rally attendees a level of affluence that some like to advertise. Also, ever heard of a carbon footprint?

WOW you having a bad day:)

Uh..... and

....if your the "new blood" we been recruiting; somebody better rethink this.
The difference between adversity & adventure is ATTITUDE!!! You've evidently experienced too much of the 1st...
and may never know the other.
My home state has near 1/4 population LIVING in RV's... few are doing it for recreation, or exuding any level of affluence!

"travel'n" john
sorry 4 u my RT is near new

Quite a few look at my RV with dismay although they can usually manage a smile after a couple of rainy days. Some even like to hitch a ride on the trailer when there is a bike problem.
To each their own, hope everyone has a great rally.
OM

RV's at rally

....if your the "new blood" we been recruiting; somebody better rethink this.
The difference between adversity & adventure is ATTITUDE!!! You've evidently experienced too much of the 1st...
and may never know the other.
My home state has near 1/4 population LIVING in RV's... few are doing it for recreation, or exuding any level of affluence!

"travel'n" john
sorry 4 u my RT is near new

Ok John I probably have more miles on BMW's than you.....I just have a different opinion about this subject. I guess you think we should all think the same way. I am not downing someone who chooses to live full time in an RV...I think they are frivilous to be taking to a motorcycle rally. To bad if you don't like that....maybe you need a little adventure. Really don't care about your RT either.

Ok John I probably have more miles on BMW's than you.....I just have a different opinion about this subject. I guess you think we should all think the same way. I am not downing someone who chooses to live full time in an RV...I think they are frivilous to be taking to a motorcycle rally. To bad if you don't like that....maybe you need a little adventure. Really don't care about your RT either.

WOW two bad days in a row!:banghead

Please guys, everyone can have their own opinion, desire, without forcing it on someone else; in other words we don't "think the same way". You never know, you could be clanging beer mugs at the garden with your new best friend...who came in an RV, on a brand X, walked down the street, is camping, etc. :thumb

Entrances into the MOA Rally..................

We will have 2 Entrances into this years MOA Rally at St.Paul. Both of them are at a controlled intersection with traffic lights but please be careful when entering.

The first one is on Larpentuer Ave. the Northern boundry of the Rally. Turn South onto Underwood Ave. and Registration will be right in front of you.

The second is on Snelling Ave. the Eastern boundry. Turning West onto Hoyt Ave. and once again you will be looking at Registration straight ahead.

Early entrance onto the grounds on Monday is only for Registered Volunteers, MOA Staff & Officers, Deliveries and Vendors. There will be plenty of room for everyone so Registered RV's can begin entering Tuesday afternoon.

We will be assisting all RV's in parking so please work with us to keep everything Safety Compliant. We are being closely monitored by the Minnesota Department of Health & the State Fire Marshall's Office so all setup rules will need to be followed.

Travel Safe & CYA in St.Paul,
P

RV at rally

Do the riders that feel RV's don't belong at a rally ever stop to think that maybe a rider who has a lot of miles to his/her credit may have experienced a medical problem but still wishes to come to the rally as they have done for the last several years. My first rally was Escanaba and I have riden to nearly every one since. NEVER criticize until you walk in the other person's shoes.

We will have 2 Entrances into this years MOA Rally at St.Paul. Both of them are at a controlled intersection with traffic lights but please be careful when entering.

The first one is on Larpentuer Ave. the Northern boundry of the Rally. Turn South onto Underwood Ave. and Registration will be right in front of you.

P

Thanks, P :wave

Actually Larpentuer Ave. is not a controlled intersection (no traffic light) Hoyt is....:thumb

Do the riders that feel RV's don't belong at a rally ever stop to think that maybe a rider who has a lot of miles to his/her credit may have experienced a medical problem but still wishes to come to the rally as they have done for the last several years. My first rally was Escanaba and I have riden to nearly every one since. NEVER criticize until you walk in the other person's shoes.

I have been to the MOA off and on since York in 1989 and have rode to all I have been to, but this year I hit a deer on my other bike three weeks ago and have broken ribs after going down hard... So it is an RV for me this year and I don't feel bad about it one bit.. Being there is what is important and there is always next year!:thumb....

I'd love to take a big diesel pusher to the National, with an HP2 Sport in the tank. :D

For that matter, a diesel Sprinter with an a/c unit, would be just fine.

I have been to the MOA off and on since York in 1989 and have rode to all I have been to, but this year I hit a deer on my other bike three weeks ago and have broken ribs after going down hard... So it is an RV for me this year and I don't feel bad about it one bit.. Being there is what is important and there is always next year!:thumb....

See you soon, Kevin....glad you're healing, and glad you'll be able to ride other nationals. That's what countS!!:thumb:thumb

Back