• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

03 r1200clc -What would be a suitable sidecar for this machine

I just bought a R1200clc to use as a sidecar tug and would like to have some feedback on a suitable car for this machine. Also does anyone know what kind of tankbag works best for this bike. Thanks in advance.

Have you seen the hack that grafikfeat has on this site? It's on a R1200C and appears to be a Ural. Check it out in the sidecar pics portion.

R1200c

I have a 1999 R1200 C with A Steib S500 sidecar attached.
The subframe was custom manufactured by Blue MoonCycle in GA and the Billit machined front part by DMC which kicks the front end out 1.5 inches.

The rig is located in Mystic, CT

Don

860-460-3282

Downsized A.jpg

Downsized.jpg

Steib would be my first choice and a Ural would be the second. Those Chromeheads are great tugs.

Back