• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally shipping

OFOAM1

OFOAM
The Rally FAQ page says shipments can not arrive earlier than Wed. I want to ship my camping gear so I don't have to hassle with it at the hotels on the way (there and back). I checked with UPS today and their standard ground service is 3 days with no guarantee. If I send a package on the 18th, it may arrive on the 23rd. If it's delayed then arrival would be the 24th.
The reason for all this blah, blah, blah is, I was wondering, does someone have an idea of the UPS arrival time at the site. If it's there Wed (23rd) great. A Thur arrival for my gear would be OK if it got there in the morning. I could send it 3 day guarantee but it costs $69. I can hassle with the stuff at the hotels for that. I would email someone directly but could not find a name associated with the UPS setup.
Help,
Mick

Mick,

The FAQ says you can ship early to the rally but not to arrive before Wednesday the 16th (that's a week before the rally starts). You could ship your gear earlier than the 18th to insure it's there when you get there.
Make sure you follow the labeling specified in the FAQ.

Your Name, BMW MOA Rally,
Minnesota State Fairgrounds
C/O Cory Franzmeier for BMW MOA
1880 Como Ave.
St Paul, MN 55108

See you in St. Paul!

Paul,
My bad! I saw Wed and my brain said it was the 23rd. Thanks for the correction. This will make things easy.
Mick

Shipping to the fairgrounds can be by any carrier. I believe UPS is the only shipping service on grounds during the rally.

Back