• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 K1600GTL, Bluetooth , audion success!

billblecher

Well I made the switch, gave them back my 2014 R1200RT and took possession of a K1600GTL. I had a 150 mile ride home and I am really digging this ride!

I was worried about having to invest a huge chunk of change in BT headset and Helmet combo, when I got home this evening and started playing around with the audio on the motorcycle. Imagine my surprise when My UClear HBC 200 paired with the motorcycle!! I then connected it to the GPS!!!! and then paired my samsung 4s active to the GPS. Holy Shiitites Batman, it all works! I shut everything off waited a minute and tried to duplicate my success. It works! But you have to do it in a certain sequence. 1st pair and connect the headset to the motorcycle radio, then disable the bluetooth in the GPS wait for a bit until the Bike and the headset connect. when your listening to tunes through your headset enable the blue tooth on the Motorad V GPS. When that connects, enable the Bluetooth on your phone. And Presto, Change OH! of course I am taking for granted that you have paired all your devices prior to trying this.

AM I a Happy Camper! couldnt figure this out on the RT and was stewing over having the same problem with the GTL. But it will work.

The down side is that the radio on my GTL is only Sirrius and FM! The RT had Those plus AM and WB. Unless I am not playing with the right buttons! But I am pumped I got tunes in the helmet again!

Thought I would pass my success on so if anyone else is having similar problems they might try this sequence.

Last edited:
Congrats. Use the source button on the kick panel, or mode...can't recall which to toggle between AM, weather, etc. make sure you give all of the manuals a good and thorough read. There's great stuff in there that is nowhere near intuitive...even for a techie geek like me.

Congrats. Use the source button on the kick panel, or mode...can't recall which to toggle between AM, weather, etc. make sure you give all of the manuals a good and thorough read. There's great stuff in there that is nowhere near intuitive...even for a techie geek like me.

my 2014 gtl has the src label button...........but only am, fm, sat, aux, and usb. no wb(weather band? maybe dropped from the 2014's???????????

my 2014 gtl has the src label button...........but only am, fm, sat, aux, and usb. no wb(weather band? maybe dropped from the 2014's???????????

That would be very surprising. I have a '13 and not a '14 so I can't tell for you for sure. What does your audio manual have to say about it?

WB is there to change to AM or wx band you have to start in FM and hold the SRC button. Took me a while to figure this out! I'm kinda slooooow when it comes to that! cipherin' stuff! ;)

My UClear 200 hook up

I tried today to hook my UClear 200 D to my recently purchased 2014 K16GT. It showed paired fine but I am not receiving any audio over the headset. I do not need a nav system because I just use the GPS NAV on my Droid Turbo 2 phone which I paired to the UClear after I paired the bike. Anybody else have this problem? The Manual says that if I am connected to BT, the volume control is on the UClear, not via the multi-controller. My UClear isn't controlling the volume. Arrrgh!

Well I made the switch, gave them back my 2014 R1200RT and took possession of a K1600GTL. I had a 150 mile ride home and I am really digging this ride!

I was worried about having to invest a huge chunk of change in BT headset and Helmet combo, when I got home this evening and started playing around with the audio on the motorcycle. Imagine my surprise when My UClear HBC 200 paired with the motorcycle!! I then connected it to the GPS!!!! and then paired my samsung 4s active to the GPS. Holy Shiitites Batman, it all works! I shut everything off waited a minute and tried to duplicate my success. It works! But you have to do it in a certain sequence. 1st pair and connect the headset to the motorcycle radio, then disable the bluetooth in the GPS wait for a bit until the Bike and the headset connect. when your listening to tunes through your headset enable the blue tooth on the Motorad V GPS. When that connects, enable the Bluetooth on your phone. And Presto, Change OH! of course I am taking for granted that you have paired all your devices prior to trying this.

AM I a Happy Camper! couldnt figure this out on the RT and was stewing over having the same problem with the GTL. But it will work.

The down side is that the radio on my GTL is only Sirrius and FM! The RT had Those plus AM and WB. Unless I am not playing with the right buttons! But I am pumped I got tunes in the helmet again!

Thought I would pass my success on so if anyone else is having similar problems they might try this sequence.

Glad it all worked for you.
Did you have to pair the GPS separately to the headset or does it interface with the audio system on the bike?
Still trying to figure mine out.

I tried today to hook my UClear 200 D to my recently purchased 2014 K16GT. It showed paired fine but I am not receiving any audio over the headset. I do not need a nav system because I just use the GPS NAV on my Droid Turbo 2 phone which I paired to the UClear after I paired the bike. Anybody else have this problem? The Manual says that if I am connected to BT, the volume control is on the UClear, not via the multi-controller. My UClear isn't controlling the volume. Arrrgh!

Remove the pairings on the uClear, then remove the pairings on the Bike. re-pair with the bike. Also make sure you are set to Loudspeaker: Off

It can be a little wonky.

Glad it all worked for you.
Did you have to pair the GPS separately to the headset or does it interface with the audio system on the bike?
Still trying to figure mine out.

If you are talking about the Nav5 (or 4) that is mounted inside the dash, it will automatically send audio to a headset that is paired with the bike.

Many have found that pairing to the bike directly is a waste of time, as the audio is lackluster, especially in the days of smartphones with music, etc.

Personally, I only have my headset paired to my iPhone and my wife's headset. I've tried other configurations, but that works best for me, and is the easiest to manage. The bike still outputs Nav directions via its own speakers, and I really only need to hear them when not on a highway anyway.

I'll keep trying

Remove the pairings on the uClear, then remove the pairings on the Bike. re-pair with the bike. Also make sure you are set to Loudspeaker: Off

It can be a little wonky.

Thanks! I've tried that a couple times. And I can hear the beep in my UClear when it pairs with the bike, just get no radio over the UClear. Nor can I get the volume to show up or down with the UClear volume controls. The speaker is off because it shows paired on the bike. I'll keep trying.

BTW, I come to the cape every summer. I'll flash at you if I see you with the dogs!

If you are talking about the Nav5 (or 4) that is mounted inside the dash, it will automatically send audio to a headset that is paired with the bike.

Many have found that pairing to the bike directly is a waste of time, as the audio is lackluster, especially in the days of smartphones with music, etc.

Personally, I only have my headset paired to my iPhone and my wife's headset. I've tried other configurations, but that works best for me, and is the easiest to manage. The bike still outputs Nav directions via its own speakers, and I really only need to hear them when not on a highway anyway.

Nav 4.
At this point all I want to do is pair my headset to the bike to receive GPS prompts.
I can deal with music and phone later.

Thanks! I've tried that a couple times. And I can hear the beep in my UClear when it pairs with the bike, just get no radio over the UClear. Nor can I get the volume to show up or down with the UClear volume controls. The speaker is off because it shows paired on the bike. I'll keep trying.

BTW, I come to the cape every summer. I'll flash at you if I see you with the dogs!

I am riding most days, so we are hard to miss! Give us a honk, or stop by for coffee! I also help manage our family farm/tourist destination in Falmouth, Coonamessett Farm.

If your UClear is anything like my Sena's then the bike's volume is separate from other pairs it may have. Also, the volume is only on the UClear (you may know this, just trying to clarify), it will not 'show up' on the bike anywhere.

Nolan NComm Advice

Hi,

I recently bought a K16GTL and need to be able to access the bike's audio features. I have a Nolan N104 helmet that I like and am considering getting the Nolan NComm system since it is made for the helmet and the installation looks simple enough. I would like a little feedback/advice from someone who has used the Nolan NComm system, especially things like how long the battery lasts while listening to an MP3 source, ease of use, reliability and speaker quality?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and any tips you might have for me.

Back