• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aftermarket Seat for R1200GS LC

Well after a long memorial day weekend in the saddle I've gone ahead and ordered a Corbin seat!
$528.
Report to follow.
Jason

Finally my seat has arrived! 2 months!
I'll give my initial thoughts. Know this. I've had a Corbin seat on every Motorcycle I've owned. I'm 5'6" tall and a good 250lbs.

I had a nose job done to the seat. They take all padding out of the sides up front, making it narrower.
In the low position it is NO higher than the stock seat, seems a bit lower!

It's firm, like all Corbin Seats.
I wish the drivers portion of the seat was just a little wider. I think the two piece seat I had on my 05 GS was bit wider.

Fit and finish are first rate, the latching system was easy to install.
Final cost delivered to my door was $595.

We have a big trip coming next weekend. I'll report back after some saddle time.
Jason

BMW Bad Seats

Well I see that both Corbin & Sargent have released aftermarket seats for the Wethead GS.

http://www.corbin.com/bmw/bmwgs12cds13e.shtml

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Ac...R1200GSA-2013/

Corbin's seat a one piece Dual saddle........doesn't say anything about height adjustment. My Corbin on the 05 GS had what they called a nose job, making the front narrower allowing a better reach to the ground.

Sargent's is offering the front and rear as separate units and in two heights with two styles. The low is 2 inches lower which sounds good but I'm wondering about the extra bend it will put on the ol knees.

I've always been a Corbin man but I'm not to keen on that dual saddle.

Has anyone got either seat yet?

Jason

Every BMW I ever bought needed a new seat, they are simply torture devices. My wife loves their seats, she must be who they make them for. I have had three Russels and have an appointment for the 20th of October to have my 2015 GSA re-seated. Lord I can't wait...

Good luck in your quest.

I had the low version of the Seat Concepts Seat. It needs to be front high, rear low to be comfortable, and even at that over an hour it still is not. It is too soft for me. I came from a Sargent low on my 05 GS, after not being able to use the SC seat for that bike either, and I find the firmer foam to be much more comfortable. It was exactly the same with the Wethead SC low seat. Too soft. It gave me better reach than the Sargent, but nowhere near the comfort.

20150809_173538_resized.jpg

20150809_173552_resized.jpg

20150809_173544_resized.jpg

20150809_173532_resized.jpg

The SC seat is well made, and the cover fits beautifully, I changed my own, as you can see here:

20150809_173538_resized.jpg

20150809_173552_resized.jpg

20150809_173544_resized.jpg

20150809_173532_resized.jpg

The Sargent is also high quality, about $400, has good firm foam and is nicely covered. My only complaint is that my 28" inseam has a bit of an issue with the front side where it splays my legs affecting reach just a bit. I can live with it for the comfort level the seat provides though.

Jim :brow

For the benefit of others Seat Concepts offers firmer foam if requested. I found just sitting on them the stock foam seemed borderline too soft so I knew it'd be too soft after riding on it for 30 minutes.

Back