• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aftermarket Seat for R1200GS LC

sargent saddle

I was emailed yesterday with a Fedex shipping number. It does not show any movement yet. So while a label was made it may or maybe not be in transit.

Ordered on 06/30/2014

Until it arrives exact turn around is still unknown.

Mine came in just in time to ride to the rally. Standard height ''M'' stripes on side. Logos good.

200+ miles way better than stock

My Rick Mayer my wife has taken over and she really likes it. Rick was kind enough to expedite my delayed order. Since I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in June.

I had ordered the Sargent as a back up plan.

I like them both for different reasons.

Both provide a wider platform for the bottom end supporting the full width of your bottom.

The Mayer is softer and when ESA is on hard the sharp bumps in the road are smooth.

The Sargent is stiffer but long term riding a stiffer saddle I have found to be better for me.

I have ridden both on 200+ mile days with no ill effects

Here is my update. I like the Sargent better than the stock. I to have to stand every hour or so. I like it. I also broke of the nub on the read seat that holds it in place, called Sargent, spoke with Mike, he said send it back and he will fix it or replace it and ship it back free. Good customer service!

scott

I got my Sargent set a couple weeks ago. Same thing, black with red trim to match my red GS. On my first ride I was uncomfortable after an hour or two but it was still way better than stock. On the next couple rides the seat was fine, no discomfort at all. It seems like the seat broke in a bit although I do see how a few hundred miles can do so.

I, too, have the low version in the high position. I did not try the low position. It would be nice to get better reach to the ground but I'm trying to avoid knee pain.

View attachment 46032

Also, I went with the lower version but run it in the high position. That seems to be the most comfy.

I am still looking for a report on the Corbin one piece seat................................

Anyone got one they can tell us about?

My stock seat with 13K on it is loosing it's appeal.

jason

I am still looking for a report on the Corbin one piece seat................................

Anyone got one they can tell us about?

My stock seat with 13K on it is loosing it's appeal.

jason

I got the new Corbin for my 2014 GSA from a guy who bought it for his GSW and didn't care for it after a couple of weeks. As stated, it is a one-piece and I prefer it that way. Has a real clean look to it.

Pros:
  • Very hard foam and not for everybody. I've had a number of Corbins and prefer the firmness to softer foam seats. Easy to move around on, no hotspots---all day riding no problem.
  • Fit and materials are top-notch. Looks like it belongs on the bike.

Cons:
  • Latching system. Only latches to the front and there's no rear "peg" attached to the seat that latches down the back of the seat. I haven't had any problem since I've ridden on it for several miles but still, would rather it had a latch in back. Other one-piece Corbins (on 1150GSA, K1600GT) I've owned latched in front and in back. Not really an issue but...hey thats just me.

From a height standpoint, it's true that it can only be secured in the low front and rear position. I thought this might be a problem but even with my 35" inseam the height doesn't seem any lower than when I rode with the stocker in the high front, high back position. So for those shorter legged riders, you get no lower height benefit in my opinion. Fit is perfect for my height---can just barely flat-foot it while seated.

Main thing to say is I really love this seat. Firm foam really works for me and in my experience it'll break in even better in a couple thousand miles.

photo%2013-L.jpg

photo%2053-L.jpg

photo%20301-L.jpg

Last edited:
One the real issue with Corbin seats is that all sales are final. There is no option to return as there are with other non-custom seats like Sargent or Touratech.

Mike M,
Thanks for the review and pictures.

I'm vertically challenged so I don't want to gain any height. Do you think this Corbin is about the same height as the stock seat? Is it wider at the front than the stock seat? I had corbins before that they did a nose job to. Making them narrower.

Is yours the stock cover or custom designed?

thanks again,
jason

I haven't pulled the trigger on the Corbin seat for my Wethead GS.......................

Haven't seen on in person yet and haven't really heard much chatter about the Corbin.

Anything new out there ?

jason

Sargent low for a low 2014 R1200GS

I have had the Sargent "low" seat on my factory "low" 2014
GS for some 6,000 miles. When you are born with legs the length of a Penguin, every inch helps. The seat is excellent except for a small amount of pressure under both thighs where the your legs leave the saddle.

I have ordered a Russell which will arrive in late June. I have had a number of Russell seats on a half dozen of previous BMWs and they are simple the best.

Well after a long memorial day weekend in the saddle I've gone ahead and ordered a Corbin seat!
$528.
Report to follow.
Jason

Last edited:
Well after a long memorial day weekend in the saddle I've gone ahead and ordered a Corbin seat!
$528.
Report to follow.
Jaso

I don't think you'll be sorry. I have about 3,000 miles on my 2013 R1200GSW and am loving it. It is true it is a single seat only and only one ride position. You will need to set both the front and rear height in the Low position. You will also need to do something with the tools under the OE seat.

I have ordered the taller seat from BMW. Should be in any time now. I could not find another source for a taller seat.

Harry

I have ordered the taller seat from BMW. Should be in any time now. I could not find another source for a taller seat.

Harry

Harry,

A custom seat builder will make your seat the way you want. If the BMW's high seat doesn't work for you reach out to the custom builders such as Russell.

Jay

I don't have time right now to send in the seat to get rebuilt. I need to get the bike broken in and serviced before I can take it on a long road trip. That's the main reason to go for the BMW tall seat and see how that works out.

Harry

Back