• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aftermarket Seat for R1200GS LC

gsjay

Well I see that both Corbin & Sargent have released aftermarket seats for the Wethead GS.

http://www.corbin.com/bmw/bmwgs12cds13e.shtml

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Ac...R1200GSA-2013/

Corbin's seat a one piece Dual saddle........doesn't say anything about height adjustment. My Corbin on the 05 GS had what they called a nose job, making the front narrower allowing a better reach to the ground.

Sargent's is offering the front and rear as separate units and in two heights with two styles. The low is 2 inches lower which sounds good but I'm wondering about the extra bend it will put on the ol knees.

I've always been a Corbin man but I'm not to keen on that dual saddle.

Has anyone got either seat yet?

Jason

The Corbin looks great, I have a Sargent on order scheduled to ship in two weeks, if it does not fit I will return it for a full refund and try the Corbin. The two piece Sargent without heat is $749 in the deluxe version, $719 base seat.
Ant one with a new Corbin?

I emailed Corbin a week ago with a couple of questions..............

Still haven't gotten a reply.

jason

I have a sergeant seat on order for my 2014 GSA. I called, a person answered, answered my questions, ordered seat, here in 2 to 3 weeks! Will update!

Both Corbin and Sargent have no love for the GSA. Both seats are designed for the GS height only which is about an inch lower than the GSA seat and neither has any intention of making a GSA height seat. Sucks, I've had Sargent's on my last 2 bikes and was eagerly awaiting their seat but am not willing to give up an inch in leg room.

Both Corbin and Sargent have no love for the GSA. Both seats are designed for the GS height only which is about an inch lower than the GSA seat and neither has any intention of making a GSA height seat. Sucks, I've had Sargent's on my last 2 bikes and was eagerly awaiting their seat but am not willing to give up an inch in leg room.

From an exchange with Seat Concepts:

Q: Do you offer a tall option for the 2014 R1200GS Adventure? The OEM seat on the Adventure is taller than the GS and I would like to preserve the dimensions between the seat and pegs.

A: Kurt,

We are working on a GSA WB seat. Don't have a release date yet. But it will be 1-2 months off.

Thanks

Seat Concepts is the way I'm going for my GSA. As far as time they told me the same thing the other day, Kurt. Also said they will be at the MOA rally.

According to the Sargent site, their new seat for the 2013/2014 GS also fits the 2014 GSA

The seat pan fits, correct. But the seat is only built to the GS spec. The GSA spec seat is almost 1 inch taller and is wider. Some of us want and need that inch.

From an exchange with Seat Concepts:

Talked with them a couple of weeks ago and got the same info. He said that they are hoping to have a GSA spec seat in August. Seems that is the direction to go or spend several hundred more for a full custom from BMS.

Rick Mayer saddle

I have had my Rick Mayer saddle for 2 weeks now.

It is wonderful to ride on versus the OEM. 200 miles and feeling fine.

With Rallye saddle anything after 75 or 80 was pain!
the OEM standard in any of the 3 positions was only marginally better.
I prefer the low rear high front with OEM and with Mayer saddle that is the golden position as well.

BMW makes great engines attached to amazing machines but the seats in general are horrible.

I do have a new Sargent on the way. If that is good my wife who also has LC-GS will get the Mayer saddle as she tried mine and likes it.

The new Corbin looks much like the R1200R saddle. having had the fore .mentioned saddle not a fan. Soft is generally not the best for me in my experience. This new Corbin on the LC-GS looks a lot like the R1200R saddle so I am skeptical about long range comfort. Had one on my 09RT excellent. firm supportive comfortable for hundreds of miles. Same on my 1982RT.

Perhaps I am a candy assed rider I don't know for sure but the Mayer saddle is mighty fine so far. And the price was good. $240 or so delivered. turnaround time is another story. Rick accommodated a expedited delivery for me due to a recent diagnosis with prostate cancer. Cought real early will be able to ride summer out then get treatment. Thanks Rick.

Get your Sargent seat yet?

Has anybody received a seat from Sargent for their 2013-2014 GS? I ordered one several weeks ago and still waiting. Sargent claims to be making the seats and shipping them but you can't prove it by me.

Last edited:
sargent saddle

Spoke with Sargent on my saddle delivery Thursday the 17th.

They are swamped and there have been some issues in manufacturing process. Did not elaborate but did communicate back :)

Mine was one of very early orders supposed to ship today or Monday. May not get in time for national rally in St Paul.

So you're waiting, too. So I'll ask again, did ANYBODY get their seat or are we all waiting? My God, I hope that I don't have to do my trip on the stock seat. The stock seat absolutely sucks and I'm planning a trip to Newfoundland in early August.

They are swamped and there have been some issues in manufacturing process. Did not elaborate but did communicate back :)

Mine was one of very early orders supposed to ship today or Monday. May not get in time for national rally in St Paul.

shipping data

I was emailed yesterday with a Fedex shipping number. It does not show any movement yet. So while a label was made it may or maybe not be in transit.

Ordered on 06/30/2014

Until it arrives exact turn around is still unknown.

I ordered mine on the exact same day! Still haven't heard from Sargent. I will call them on Monday. I'm leaving for Newfoundland on Aug 2nd and DO NOT want to have to ride on that awful seat that came with the bike. That seat could wreck the trip for me so I'll see if I can do something with Sargent.

I was emailed yesterday with a Fedex shipping number. It does not show any movement yet. So while a label was made it may or maybe not be in transit.

Ordered on 06/30/2014

Until it arrives exact turn around is still unknown.

I also have a Sargent on order but no ship date. A few on Adventure rider have theirs installed and good reports. Some still need to break the new seat in. Installed a sheep skin cover on my GSA seat and it helps but after two hours I need to get off. I am 230 lbs suited up some lighter guys are ok with stock seats but not me.

My Sargent seat is being shipped right now and is due on Weds. I will install it, take a spin, take a photo and report the results.

I installed the new Sargent front and rear seats on my 2014 R1200GSA just before heading to the MOA rally last week. I have 2200 miles on it so far and I do think it is better than the stock. I still have to stand for a few minutes every hour but I am glad that I had the new saddle before the SS1000 we did on the way. I am sure my chunky rear has broken it in by now- and I can recommend it. It isn't the end all be all worry free asspad many want it to be but still better than the new OEM seat. I would say I generally have a bad back and I would not have been able to toss down as many miles in that timeframe without it. Mayhaps that is a solid recommendation in and of itself. It's expensive, so that could be a detractor. Most good things are, however. =) I will post a pic shortly.

-a

Back