• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 660 map update turned it into a brick

Fastman

Fastman
Sunday morning, I decided to update my Zumo 660 to the latest maps/software. It churned away all day and when I ejected it. I discovered it was now an expensive brick. No matter how I tried to boot/reset it, it would go to "LOADER LOADING" and lock up. I have to give Garmin lots of credit on how they responded. I e-mailed them Sunday night and got a response around 6:00 Monday morning. Unfortunately, the directions didn't fix it and I spent ~30 minutes on the phone with a technical rep working through it. After determining it couldn't be fixed remotely, he issued a RMA and cut the standard (out of warranty) repair price in half as he could see I was a loyal customer (4 registered GPSs in the system). I explained I was headed to the rally later this month and really needed it back quickly. He said not to worry and wasn't kidding! I dropped it off at UPS Monday afternoon and it was signed for at Garmin Tuesday morning around 10:30. Tuesday evening, I received an e-mail saying the replacement had been shipped - about 8 hours to process it. The "new" GPS should be on my doorstep tomorrow. That's some good customer service. :clap

Great news Bruce!! Thanks for posting as I'm about to try to update my 660. I hope I don't have the same loading issues you experienced.

I was doing the update on a MacBook Pro and I believe there are some issues with the Macs from time to time. I updated my Nuvi this morning and it went fine (except not enough memory for the full North American maps).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back