• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

33 year hiatus

daven81gs

daven81gs
Hi I'm Dave N (daven) and a long time ago I rode/repaired Triumphs in England while serving as an Air Force Firefighter. I soon purchased a new 1981 BMW R 80 GS. Rode it all over England and Wales and had a blast. When it came time for me to return to the states I found out I could not take the bike as it needed some expensive emissions work to make it legal(and $500 was a lot of money back then). After 33 years of ridding a couple of CB 750's,a GS 850, a Norton 850 and a couple of Harley's???.I'm BACK!!!
I just don't know what took so long?
I got a great deal on a 03 R1150R and though I wanted a GS this one believe it or not probably has more clearance than that 800GS I had all those years ago. And a lot more power to boot.
The tank is bigger but nice and compact like I was used to but I must admit I miss that orange seat?:scratch
I look forward to having fun and learning and hopefully meeting new friends here. :thumb

Back