• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

iPod display and the new RTW

greg

Cupcake
Anyone been successful in getting the iPod to display properly?
I'm in testing mode and I'm trying the various options for music. A Thumb Drive works very well and you can scroll through the various music with the magic wheel. I tried hooking up an older iPod to the jack in the side compartment using the stock iPod cable and a stereo cable. The wife's latest gen iPod does the same. It will play music but not display as advertized in the manual (which is cryptic at best), also it only plays in the AUX mode, not the USB. Is there something special in the factory cable?

The manual hints at a toggle in the USB setting between iPod and USB but I'm not seeing it or a way to toggle.

I picked up the gold plated (at least the price seems to think it's gold plated) BMW Adapter Cable. My iPod works just like it does in a car now. You chose the USB with the SCR button and it identifies it as an iPod.

Since I can't ride the thing (RTW) I'm not sure if it will turn off the iPod when you turn off the power. My old generation iPod seems to remain powered even though the power to the USB port is terminated.

One last observation, the compartment gets pretty full with the adapter and iPod in there.

And last, I tried the Thumb Drive on a short, unauthorized, ride. It's a bust. There is no way to up the volume to your Bluetooth and with my Scala Rider G4 the volume isn't loud enough. Could be a Scala Rider issue and with the intermittent issues I have with this POS I plan on replacing it with a Sena 20S when the bike is back on the road.

Back