Thread: 2012 RT Trigger source for switched auxiliary fuse block

2012 RT Trigger source for switched auxiliary fuse block

Trying to find a convenient switched 12V source for the relay to control my auxiliary fuse block. The powerlet and GPS circuits have a delay when the key is switched off. The tail light is not 12 V until the brake is applied.

Anybody know where I can easily connect to 12 V that goes off as soon as the key is in the off position?

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Have a peek at this-
    http://www.twistedthrottle.com/elect...ph-motorcycles
    It's a nice plug-n-play non-invasive connector working off the parking light bulb.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

na1g
    When I got my new 2011 RT I didn't want to go tearing into the nose of the bike to get to a parking light wire, so I "temporarily" connected my fuse box to the rear accessory power socket. It has a 25 second delay before shutting down, but so what? I'll get back to it later. Three years later my "temporary" hook-up is still doing the job and the project is at the bottom of my ever-growing to-do list. If it works don't fix it.

pete

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where they go."

The easiest switched 12 volt source I found for mounting an aux fuse block under the seat is a green wire in the round plug that is used to plug in a diagnostic tool. Remove the cap and check out the wiring at the base of the plug. It's close and convenient and it sure beats stringing a wire to the headlight plug up front.

You could just try a search- this topic has been covered a hundred times in the past few years. THere is nothing novel in the wiring of your 2012 from any other hexhead/camhead bike that impacts the choice of which there are at least 6 readily accessible