• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ric in redlands

may need a good source for a drive shaft for a 2008 r1200rt. loud knocking noise at low or no throttle. any gear

may need a good source for a drive shaft for a 2008 r1200rt. loud knocking noise at low or no throttle. any gear
Welcome to the forum! I'll move your post to the Hexhead/Camhead section where you have a better chance of a parts location recommendation. We do have a Flea Market area, accessed at the top of the page, but it is frequently a bit hard to maneuver through if your not used to it.
If you need any help- just ask.
Gary

Are you certain this is abby-normal? If the bike is new to you - BMWs do have some driveline lash that exhibits itself as a knock when you roll on or let off the throttle, especially at low speeds. It might be worth dropping the rear drive to get a look at the rear universal and a feel (as best as can be done) of the front.

knock in driveline

thanks for all the imput. have had the bike for 8 months and 8,000 miles. first time for this condition

thanks for all the imput. have had the bike for 8 months and 8,000 miles. first time for this condition

Not to doubt this - but I'll pass along what I find I do..

If I hear/feel something "different" - I tend to obsess over it. It may well have been there all along - but suddenly I notice it and begin fretting over it. I do this often enough that I've learned to recognize when I'm doing it - more or less - and that helps a bit with overcoming the worry - sometimes.

:)

Just a thought. Might be worth trying to find another one to ride to see if the same sort of knock is evident.

Back