• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride itinerary for mountain area

ROBERTSI

Hi,
Back in November 2013, I posted for advice for a ride in your area. I appreciate all the info. Provided. I will be leaving on Friday the 27th. Leaving Espanola, Ontario and heading west to Sault and crossing and heading west on 28 across the U.P. to Oshkoch and hitting I 90 to Sturgis. Then on to Cody, Wyoming, then, ride Chief Joseph and Beartooth pass and back to Cody, to , then go through Yellowstone and the Tetons.Then heading south east to Rawlings and then into Colorado . Plan on riding Cache la Pudre and trail ridge hwy. and then go to FairPlay and stay a few days where a take a day and go up to mt. Evans. Another to ride down Independence Pass and check out Princeton hot springs. And maybe get up to Pikes peak. If I got a couple of extra days, I might check out Mesa Verde and the 4 corners. Then , back to Colorado Springs and go through Nebraska on rt. 2 then Iowa, and back home to Ontario... Wowww, on in the space of 17 days.
Sounds like a blast, even though I might not get to see all that is planned.
One last question....we are staying in motels, and I was wondering about the chances of finding accomodations in Yellowstone.
Thanks again to all. With the help of all of your suggestions, my wife and I are eager to get on the road.
Rob.

Yellowstone motels get quite busy. I suggest reservations at least a week in advance. Staying outside the park offers more spots

When you get to Colorado, check out the rides that BMWMCC has planned for Ouray, CO on the 4th - 6th of July and also Paonia, CO July 17th - 20th if you are here that long. Tremendous road and GS rides. I live in Frisco (30 miles north of Fairplay) if you would like to meet up for a ride give a shout.

West Yellowstone has more motels than north (Gardiner); don't dismiss the "roadhouse" at the Madison Hotel on West Yellowstone's Main Street.
Jackson also has several motels, prices are better off the main drag (of course).
Mount Evans and Independence Pass are great rides; plan on at least two full days or more in and around Yellowstone - so much to see!

Fairplay

When you get to Colorado, check out the rides that BMWMCC has planned for Ouray, CO on the 4th - 6th of July and also Paonia, CO July 17th - 20th if you are here that long. Tremendous road and GS rides. I live in Frisco (30 miles north of Fairplay) if you would like to meet up for a ride give a shout.

Hi, we will likely be in Fairplay around 2nd or3rd., alrhougn not exactly sure as we are not on a set schedule.
Rob.

Busy summer........

I live near Yellowstone and this summer is really hopping with tourists .......early. My wife and I checked out hotels in Bozeman for some friends for this weekend and all 50 hotels are sold out! Yellowstone (in the park hotels) sell out more than a year in advance.
That said, feel free to shoot me a note and I'd be glad to chat with you about options.

Best,

Mike

I'm in KY & now getting interested in the BMWMCC's Top of the Rockies Rally in July & some CO riding/camping -anyone from my area/direction want to go that way? PM me if you have interest.

In 2013 coming from MOA nat in Salem Or, we stayed in a b&b in Gardener MT outside the North gate. We made reservations in March for July.

I'm in KY & now getting interested in the BMWMCC's Top of the Rockies Rally in July & some CO riding/camping -anyone from my area/direction want to go that way? PM me if you have interest.

Your sure to have plenty of ride partners leaving TOR on 7/20 enroute to MOA @ St Paul! ....& then back toward home.
But I don't know about going out...so many from south & east are doing some sort of Great Lakes tour ( Superior especially )
before or after the National; according to other statements on Rally thread. If the MOA is out west, I take in the TOR.
Keep 'ye eye on your equipment out in Paonia... I had my Motorad Nav IV "lifted" last year at the rally central in the park. :banghead
An expensive learning experience; but I still love that rally!

"travel'n" john.... May good fortune guide your travels
Ky...vicinity Cincinnati; '13 R12RT

Back