• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Teaser- "Adventure is taking inappropriate Equipment to out of the way places"

Thanks for the picture, after two failed efforts, I was starting to think that Inuvik didn't actually exist?!

Great ride report, thanks. My suggestions...

If you are open to altering your route, get to Bella Coola and take the ferry to Port McNeill, northern tip of Vancouver Island. Stop in Victotia for a day of sight seeing and grab a ferry to Anacortes in Washington state. Then find your way home. Also take a Delorme InReach SE with you. Better than Spot, more connectivity, pairs with your phone, and you can two way text via satellite.

BTW good deals on some used bikes here. http://www.rawhyde-offroad.com/motorcycles-for-sale.html
Quote...
We also have a few 2010 - 2013 bikes in our fleet as well, so if you're on a budget please call for price and availability for a range of 800 and 1200 bikes from '10 to '13 model years.

I am Not associated with Rawhyde at all

Last edited:
The difference between disaster and adventure?

Attitude.:thumb

Knowing how easily one can be discouraged with a series of events, you all displayed what it means to complete an adventure ride.

And then to take the time to let us enjoy it as well is above and beyond.

Thank You for letting us sit in our warm, dry houses and enjoy your trip.

Thanks Bud

I was fortunate to have riding Partners with compatible personalities, and who exhibited great resilience and flexibility.

And having good senses of humor doesn't hurt.

I've enjoyed your adventure and pics, you guys sure had a time of it. Glad the GS served you well. Mine served me as well last month up to the arctic and back in 19 days covering 8786 miles from Az.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow - what an amazing trip report !!! Riding those gravel roads sounds a little too tough for me ... I think I'll stick to the lower 48 lol. Looking forward to reading your next report though !

Back