• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

These folks only ride their bikes 1/4 mile!

El Dookey loves to ride.
Last Saturday I put on my cub reporter hat and beat feet out to the dragstrip at US131 Motorsports Park for an All Motorcycle event. It is a nice 50 miles of back country riding (really nice in spots). Michigan is in her summer glory with fields of 7-8 foot corn and lots of fields of soy beans looking their green best.
Racing started at 3 pm and I closed the store at 3 pm so I didn't stop to take any "on the way" pics, but saved the camera action for the racing action.
Here is my winner for The Prettiest Dang Bike Out There That Day Award.
To really appreciate the beauty of this paint job, you need to walk around the bike.

Attachments

• Paint job Hyabusa smalll.jpg
    Paint job Hyabusa smalll.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 249
Another angle of the same bike. He calls it the Night Crawler, but this baad boy wasn't crawling down the track. Some of the Busas out there were hitting speeds of 150-160 in the quarter mile. Dang. (Note to self: Next year borrow one of them K1200R thingamabobs and show them what a Beemer can do.)

Attachments

• Paint job Hyabusa 2 small.jpg
    Paint job Hyabusa 2 small.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 249
Ain't it purty? Just a little grocery getter. Looks fast sitting still, no?

Attachments

• Grocery getter small.jpg
    Grocery getter small.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 248
Smoke 'em if you got 'em. This demonstrates that it ain't only Harley riders who like to light 'em up.

Attachments

• Lite em up boyz sm.jpg
    Lite em up boyz sm.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 246
This is the winner of the Pro ET class, Mr Jeff Green. Snappy looking paint job.

Attachments

• Green on the line small.jpg
    Green on the line small.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 241
A GS of another stripe

When was the last time you saw an '84 Suzuki GS1150ES? This is Scott riding his that he bought new in 1985. He rode on the street for one season and then has been racing it for the past 20 seasons. He made it to the semi-finals and then red lighted by 17/1000ths of a second. As a consequence he went home with $150 instead of $1,500. DANG!

Attachments

• Scott at the line 2 small.jpg
    Scott at the line 2 small.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 236
This young man is YOUNG

This is Tyler Fisher and he is 16 years old and kicking some major booty at this track. One week I was out there and his main ride (shown here) puked so he competed on a dirt bike. He held his own on it due to the equalizing power of dial in times (ask me to explain it and I will try!). This kid is going to go places in motorcycle drag racing IMHO.

Attachments

• Tyler Fisher small.jpg
    Tyler Fisher small.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 235
One more smoke for your pleasure. Obviously I spent my time at the starting line - there was more shade and it is easier for me to get pictures when they are NOT going 125 mph plus.

Attachments

• Have a nice day small.jpg
    Have a nice day small.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 233
Who called me a dummy?

Okay, so maybe it ain't to bright to stand in this spot. But I happen to like getting hit with small bits of burning rubber and flying what not. (Remember last year when I got the shot of a jet car leaving the starting line? Now that was dumb!)
This represents The End - as it should.

Attachments

• Standing in back small.jpg
    Standing in back small.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 231
BradfordBenn said:
So did you go for a spin down the track?

Not yet, but I am attending a Media Driving School this Thursday (8/11/05) wherein I will at minimum get to ride down the track in a two seater drag racing car and MAYBE (if my name is chosen) get to drive the track myself - in a cage and not on the snow queen.

My bike is faster than yours....

Hey Cliffy,
Guess I will tell work to kiss my rectum one of these weekends and we can go up to the track together. We can enter the bracket races and see if the snow queen can take the RRS in the quarter mile. Heck we even have approved gear on when we get there. Maybe we can even have a midwest clan rounder event and take all the spots with BMW's. How fun would that be?

cliffy - great pics!

any insight into the AWESOME modifications that they make? my bike is so fast and powerful that i use one of those anti-flip "tails" that the drag racers use all the time now. i'm just too fast. but i'd love to hear if there is any new mod that you saw that i could put on my bike!

lorazepam said:
Hey Cliffy,
Guess I will tell work to kiss my rectum one of these weekends and we can go up to the track together. We can enter the bracket races and see if the snow queen can take the RRS in the quarter mile. Heck we even have approved gear on when we get there. Maybe we can even have a midwest clan rounder event and take all the spots with BMW's. How fun would that be?

no need to do the confusing "bracket" races, if we go out on a friday night then we can do head to head racing with no dial in time. bring it on, ohio.

it would be fun to have a rounder/mid-west clan event and go out there. maybe later in the year when it ain't so dad blamed hot. the track temp the other day was 120 or so. i cooked a steak and egg dinner right by the christmas tree.

oh - USERNAME, i checked and none of these bikes have any mods - at least not any mods that would enable them to keep up with YOUR bike. sure they have extended rear ends, turbo-chargers, and bottles of nitrous on them, but nothing that could compete with all the titanium-carbon-fiber-global-positioning-piston-expanding-overthrusting-power-inverter stuff that you have available on yer byke. if you showed up they would tuck tail and run home to mommy.

username said:
cliffy - great pics!

any insight into the AWESOME modifications that they make? my bike is so fast and powerful that i use one of those anti-flip "tails" that the drag racers use all the time now. i'm just too fast. but i'd love to hear if there is any new mod that you saw that i could put on my bike!

Hey slowbikesmallpenis those anti flip tails are called "wheelie bars"

Cliffy777 said:
no need to do the confusing "bracket" races, if we go out on a friday night then we can do head to head racing with no dial in time. bring it on, ohio.

Hmm do I feel the gauntlet being thrown by a south Michigan Hillbilly? Too bad that thing you ride is already naked, cause I am going to blow the panels off it. Bracket racing is easy, just go when the green light is on, and dont go faster than your break out time. Of course mine will be so fast that I will have to give you half the track head start.

lorazepam said:
Hey slowbikesmallpenis those anti flip tails are called "wheelie bars"

whatever! all i know is that my bike has so much power that i've been bending and snapping those things, and i end up doing a righteous wheelie down the street anyway. i just ordered a titanium one with carbon fiber accent panels. also, they fill the titanium tubes with helium to make the apparatus lighter, and this creates a slightly larger moment to keep the front wheel on the ground. i might also add some blue LEDs.

so the next rounder roundup will have drag races? :D

username said:
cliffy - great pics!

Hold on there Bub, those are trainin'' wheels on yore bike!!!!

Happy Trails
Buck

Back