• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can't update my profile!!

xlarry

Larry
Still getting the following message! I was told back in December that this would be fixed in January. I thought with this latest software this would be fixed?

"Important Message
A duplicate contact exists with the same first and last name. Please contact our membership team at 636-394-7277 to update your information."

I took a look and from what I can see- you should be good to go. There were some duplicates and Kurt just spent a lot of time cleaning things up.
I guess, as this seems to be a long standing problem for you, try the update from another computer. OR- log out, clean out your cookies, cache and history and see if your computer is holding on to "old" info.
Gary

Larry -

There is another Larry Miller in the forum system, but he has a different forum name and other profile information. I don't see how this should be a problem, though. You can certainly have the same first and last name as someone else in your profile...it's just that the forum username has to be different.

BTW...the latest software fix didn't happen as scheduled. I don't think the update we were expecting over the weekend would have done much to help this situation. If it is still an issue, and it appears to be, I would suggest that you go a head and call that number and get them to check the roles.

I will have to mention, that while things seem to be fine on the forum, the MOA membership roles, as a different database, might just exhibit this problem. The two databases are separate.

It isn't the forum profile. It is your profile in the member database. And, a duplicate record with the same first and last name does cause a problem. PM or email me with the updates you need and I can change it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't the forum profile. It is your profile in the member database. And, a duplicate record with the same first and last name does cause a problem. PM or email me with the updates you need and I can change it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know it's the member database. I was told that would be fixed in January. I wanted to put a picture and update some other things but it still won't let me. Just trying to find out if it would ever get fixed?

The release of the new software by our vendor was put on hold. I can update your information on my end if you tell me what needs to be updated. As long as there are multiple Larry Millers, it will continue to be an issue with our current software.

Back