• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Just about coast to coast across the US.

Danielle

My wife and I returned this past Monday from a trip all over the US. She road the '98 R1100R pulling a PiggyBacker XL trailer and I was on a 2002 Kawasaki ZR-7s. You can see a lot more about it at the blog we kept: http://BikerChicksAdventures.com/

I still have a lot of photos to go through from our DSLRs; what's posted are from smartphones. My best estimate (using Google maps to calculate the distance between the various points we visited and adding a bit for side-trips made) is that we did about 8,000 miles.

Read your blogs, sounds like an OK trip.

Now that you've done a mediocre trip and had some practice, coast to coast Canada. I just don't suggest trying it until winter is sure to be over.

Just kidding, looks like you had an adventure to be envious of.

Hi Danielle,

Quickly breezed thru part of your blog, and jeez- what a trip! I've never done anything so lengthy, but of course had a good time doing what i did...
Anyway, congrats on making it safely around the country! I noticed you mentioned you had a SPOT device along as part of the planning for desert riding/travel. There was a great post regarding these devices over in "gear" (now a "sticky" in "Best Of") that was both informative and eye opening... Thought I'd point it out, if you haven't seen it already. FYI- for future reference and all.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?48168-Important-information-concerning-depending-on-SPOT-for-rescue

I look forward to seeing more of your photos as you get them posted over there. Thanks for taking the time to create the blog of your trip. It's a labor of love fer sure.

I did see that and was aware of it. I never relied on it, rather it was an additional safety device/option, along with keeping to the biggest roads across those areas, etc.

Back