• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mechanics at the Rally?

I'm into double digit MOA annual rally's now; and routinely purchase service based on aftermarket type Purchases. This would include exhaust (Remus), tires & brake pads multiple times. Cylinder hear covers, bar risers, Ect.... I think you can get oil Service only occasionally, usually when held near metro areas with a BMW dealer nearby...like this year. We always offer a do it yourself area for fluids, but I've had difficulty a few times getting oil & filter. Never seen any brake flush offered. Many parts vendors sale & install their goods. Even shocks... Except for the 2014
R12RTw!!!

"travel'n" John.... May good fortune guide your travel's
13 R12RT

I don't really know the answer. I do know that Leo's South - BMW dealer from Lakeville will be at the rally. However I am not sure what services they will do there. Tourtech will be there installing accessories that are purchased from them. They maybe others.

Steve

I'm into double digit MOA annual rally's now; and routinely purchase service based on aftermarket type Purchases. This would include exhaust (Remus), tires & brake pads multiple times. Cylinder hear covers, bar risers, Ect.... I think you can get oil Service only occasionally, usually when held near metro areas with a BMW dealer nearby...like this year. We always offer a do it yourself area for fluids, but I've had difficulty a few times getting oil & filter. Never seen any brake flush offered. Many parts vendors sale & install their goods. Even shocks... Except for the 2014
R12RTw!!!

"travel'n" John.... May good fortune guide your travel's
13 R12RT

Remember Doug Wentzell from Ogden UT with his mobile shop? Is he still around? It was great to have his service at the rally's!
jeff

Remember Doug Wentzell from Ogden UT with his mobile shop? Is he still around? It was great to have his service at the rally's!
jeff

I think that was the guy who fixed a leaking rear seal on my K75S at the National held at Texas 1997.

Leo's will be there doing tires and oil changes. Wouldn't hurt to call them if there's something else that you'd require There are 3 BMW dealers in the greater Twin Cities area, the furthest being less than an hour away from the Fairgrounds.
-K

jeff

Doug was always a "rally attraction". Crowds used to gather to watch him work...Haven't seen him for years.

This year Leo's will be offering tire and oil changes. Also transport to the shop from the rally grounds if bikes are disabled. (Moon may also offer that)

Three dealers within 45 mile radius... (article about the dealers in your July issue of the Owners' News.)

Not sure how much wrenching they will do AT the rally. But Leos South are great guys do good work for a fair price. I arrived in the Msp area from Texas and had an f800 bust a stator and leave me stranded. The picked up the bike and bailed me out. They tend to put traveling riders to the front of the queue. They support us. I like to support them.

Makes me yearn for Red Gardner

Red used to set up his maintenance operation at rallies. Always an interesting show. I remember the time at the San Diego Rally when he forgot what was supposed to be done to the Last Edition RS on his lift. The PA asked for the owner to return 'cause Red forgot what you needed done.....

Those were the days....

I would like to see someone do the valves and throttle bodies on a 2013 R1200 GSA. I would also like to see someone change the front bearing on a wheel on a RT. And, I would also like to see someone troubleshot an electrical short on a R1150 RT.

Back