• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K wedge 4 cyl bike Gas line connector/ pump Recalls...how many have had the cracks?

cjack

K Bikes Complex by Choice
I seem to see indications of the K12S, etc. having mostly cracks around the fuel connector rather than just needing the metal collar. What has the experience been to y'all?

No cracks on both of our bikes. The Beemerboneyard ring was removed and BMW ring installed.
Engles had mentioned most of the cracked flanges they have seen were on 2010 and older bikes.

No cracks on both of our bikes. The Beemerboneyard ring was removed and BMW ring installed.
Engles had mentioned most of the cracked flanges they have seen were on 2010 and older bikes.

Hmmm...'08...

I had cracks on my 09 K13GT and the dealer put a new pump on. They also installed the bigger battery cable and new starter relay at the same time.

Repalcement Fuel Pump

Took the bike in on the recall - former owner or shop used bondo to stop a leak due to the cracked housing.

Unit was replaced free of charge . . . :thumb

I had my 2005 K12S in for the fuel pump recall (it was defective) a couple weeks ago, then last week I had a fuel leak at the connector to the tank. Dealer that did the recall fixed it for $17 part cost, which I thought was nice. BMW of Denver, they have been great every time I've been in for parts, etc.

K1200s fuel lleak

I had my 2005 K12S in for the fuel pump recall (it was defective) a couple weeks ago, then last week I had a fuel leak at the connector to the tank. Dealer that did the recall fixed it for $17 part cost, which I thought was nice. BMW of Denver, they have been great every time I've been in for parts, etc.

I had a slow leak at fuel flange, sent to Oahu from Big Island by Barge, new fuel pump, cam chain tensioner and shock handle Recalls, Trying to get the shipping expense covered is a night mare, poor communications fro BMW to half ass insurance carrier of Road side Assistance, no one knows anything about the recall and BMW covering the shipping expense.Good Luck Woody

Have an O7 K1200GT. Inspected by dealer and determined new fuel pump was in order. Replaced in an hour and a half under warranty. Understand that approximately 51,000 BMWs are under recall for this issue. Just not K bikes but R bikes back to 05.

Picked up my '10 K13S this morning. No cracks, just the ring. If you want to try a Booster Plug or Accelerator Module you can have them installed for minimal labor with the recall.

Fuel Pump Flange Recall

Dealer replaced fuel pump and fuel strip.
45k miles

Last edited:
Maybe +1

I am the new owner of an '07 K12GT, purchased used from a BMW dealer. As soon as I got the bike home I smelled raw fuel. I am bringing it in for inspection in a few days and I'll see what they say. I am glad I read about the recall on this forum; thanks!

Back