• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1200RS 2002 Keys off parking Lights are on?

ooweel

Jobless! Its OK!
Did a brake bleed service on the 2002 K1200RS today. Hooked the battery back up and have the key out of the bike, yet the parking light and running light on the bike stay on? Also the right turn indicator on the dash stays on?

I also have the tank still off the bike.

Anyone have a suggestion for a fix?

THANKS

If it's like all earlier Kbikes; Turn key one more click to the left.

:dance:dance:dance

To da left?

Tried the key in every position, including out of the ignition switch and no change, running lights still on and dash light for right blinker still is lit up?

One thing I did not mention is that the fairing pieces up front are not re-installed yet. Did a run down on the ABS/Servo system for leaks and such
after the all the bleeding was done when it was noticed the tail light and front running light were on as was the dash rt turn signal indicator.

As I recall, the switch on my K12 actually has the 'accessory' position to the far left, but in no case should the Turn Signal be on at this time in a steady burn (if it is flashing, I assume you hit cancel and that did not turn it off). I have an earlier model with totally different ABS, but I would disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. Then reconnect, turn the key to On, roll the throttle to full WFO then back to 0, three times to reset the TPS calibration, then, turn the key off. I am hoping the battery disconnect will reboot whatever needs it and your light issues will be resolved. If not, it will be beyond my help as our systems are different or it will be in an area out of my knowledge.:blah

Think its been found

When we reconnected the battery and accessory cables to the + side of the battery is when we had all the problems.

Now that we have isolated the sidecar from the bike the problem goes away.

Turns out the sidecar is the bad apple!

Thanks for those who chimed in!

Sidecar? Sidecar??

You didn't say nothin about no steenkin' SIDECAR!!! :nra

Sidecar? Sidecar??

You didn't say nothin about no steenkin' SIDECAR!!! :nra

I Know, I Know! Really didn't give it much thought since it was the same wires on and off the battery.

Altho I did Thank all those that chimed in!

Better yet, I even came back and posted WHY!

Where are my Bonus points????? NO wait, I guess I am square because I said nuttin about the sidecar. My BAD!

Back