• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Yb in In's Campin' and Cavin' Adventure

YB in IN

I last night off from work because of a rehearsal that went a bit late in the afternoon. I was looking for something fun to do that wouldn't cost me anything, so I decided that I should go camping. Now mind you, I didn't actually ride my motorcycle (something about parking it in the middle of nowhere and being really far didn't really appeal to me), but I did use most of the same stuff I camp with on the bike, so there's your motorcycle content.

Here's me in a church parking lot geared up and ready to go. My buddy who is a composer took this picture and I told him that if he did I would add a link to his blog

31109371-M.jpg

Last edited:
This a picture of the trail that I took for a ways. This was a pretty cushy section. In the middle there you can see where the horses have walked through the mud. You have to keep your head down on this trail or you may walk straight through a pile of dung.

31109374-M.jpg

Here's where you have to bug off of the trail to make it to the out of the way campsites that are scattered around Lake Monroe. Yes, that's a creek that you have to hike down, but it's not too bad because of the deer paths along the side that have turned into mini trails from people hiking down here that are in the know.

31109474-M.jpg

It's about a 3.5/4 mile hike to where I was going, and then a steep climb up a ridge to get to a good place to camp. I was in a hurry to get there so that I could set up camp while there was still good light. Here I am after arriving.

31109378-M.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm going to get all the chicks with pictures like these.

Mmmm camping food. It may not be buffalo, but it sure hit the spot.

31109470-M.jpg

I also had some ramen to mix with it, but I just didn't get around to it.

Here's a couple of pictures taken from inside the cave looking out the next morning. I understand that you can walk clear through the ridge that this cave is in, but I decided against getting too crazy since I was by myself.

31109471-M.jpg

31109472-M.jpg

So that's it. I had a nice night out in the woods by myself just for the heck of it. I hiked back to my Jeep earlier this morning and got home at about 10:30. It was a swell time, and I'm looking forward to going back soon. :thumb

ian408 said:
Did you know you can have SPAM sushi?

Ian

No... I'll need to put a little soy sauce and wasabi on it the next time I'm camping.

My fave way to prepare SPAM is to slice off a chunk, put in on my Rolla-roaster and then cook it over the open campfire.

Ian, too.

Visian said:
No... I'll need to put a little soy sauce and wasabi on it the next time I'm camping.

My fave way to prepare SPAM is to slice off a chunk, put in on my Rolla-roaster and then cook it over the open campfire.

Ian, too.

BTW, SPAM sushi is really a Hawaiian thing and called Musubi. Sticky rice,
spam and a seaweed wrapper.

Ian

einnar said:
great story!

You ever figure out what that noise was coming from your bike at dzimbrics?

Yeah dad thinks that it has to do with the front end. He thinks that the steering bearings are shot, but thats cool since I have another set ready to go. The real problem now though is that there is something screwed up with the electrics. I got stranded on 37 on the way home from work on Saturday night and had to get picked up at 3 AM. Ah, the joys of motorcycle ownership.

Back