• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Changing Tires in Olympia, WA

Have Garage and spoons. No tire rig!

Have a garage and spoons but no tire rig. I took my RT wheels to South Sound Honda last time and they balanced and put the new tires I bought through them on for 25$ Each. Cheaper South SoundBMW.
The whole package there would have cost 200$ more.

I called SS Honda about two years ago and they couldn't put tires on my RT. I can't remember if it was the front or rear rim, but one of them required a jig of some sort - an investment nobody was willing to make. Shops between there and Cycle Gear in Tacoma has the same response... Since then, the last two installations have had been done at SS BMW - expensive, but at least they were done right.

Any fellow Olympians here with a tire changing rig in their garage?

I don't have a garage :(

I'd be happy to help if I'm not too late! I finally got registered (had trouble with IE 11) and this is my first post. Private messaging isn't working and I get the following error message:

"timtyler has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Dan

Back